Monday, November 02, 2009

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But, you can either run from it or, learn from it."




Outside, the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day, if a bit chilly. Inside, I am having an RA flareup in my left hand and it is the only one I have left that works much at all. In 1987, I had surgery which cleaned the build up of crap from the knuckles of that hand, and it had been doing pretty well since then. The soreness and pain are just a prelude to what I am afraid will happen next. I fear that the acid buildup will erode the tiny ligaments that operate my fingers just like has happened on my right hand. If that occurs, I probably will not be able to even wipe my butt, much less work at a computer or hold a camera. I do not understand why some people find aging and retirement boring; it has been interesting as all get-out for me.
----
Again, I will be doing little on the net but trying to post this blog; I must write something. I hope I can think of things to say other than fussing about politics or poking a little fun at organized religion. You want to read my view on abortion, do you? Ok, here is my paradox: I abhor abortion, but at the same time I believe a woman has the right to control what happens with her body ... and mind. I am not fence straddling; the issue is too complicated for my simple-minded thought processes.
----
I read where online churches are getting to be the next "in thing" in money-making organized religion. Sounds like a good opportunity for a pious entrepreneur like my humble self to garner a few bucks and spread the Word at the same time. Amen, y'all.
----

4 comments:

Tammy said...

What a lovely photo. I type ortho (medical transcriptions) all day long and my heart aches for those folks who are afflicted w/ the RA. Injections and drugs are all offered at our service but I have heard some homeopathic remedies that may or may not work. I'm sure you have run through many of them.

I beleive that abortion must be a traumatic event both for the mother and fetus. As long as there are unwanted pregnancies, there will be abortion, legal or not I suppose. I knew a girl who had one in high school. Believe me - that girl suffered every day afterwards (and probably still does). I don't think most women make that decision lightly. Can't stand to think that some fat bloated christian political MALE figurehead should be able to dictate to me what is best for my body or my future. If one believes in the afterlife then those folks get to have that discussion with their maker and it doesn't involve anyone else.

The squirrels have gotten too greedy. Came home from errands yesterday to find 2 of them had chewed their way into my screened porch and were helping themselves to the bounty. I have to stop supplying the neighborhood squirrel population with corn and peanuts (I counted upwards of 30 recently).

Hope your hands get to feeling better this week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

Abortion should never be a political agenda; something to be traded around like stocks and bonds.

Now you know why I call squirrels tree RATS.

I really like The Giving Tree. :-)

Mark said...

I say start a church called "The more money you give, the happier we make you".

Anonymous said...

Like Pat Robertson's PTL Club? Pass The Loot! :-)

Blog Archive