Friday, November 13, 2009

A good Friday


1981--Me watching tv sports show. My
hands are stained with black walnut sap from
many days spent cracking a huge supply of
kernels for
Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies.
Carolyn snuck this shot

This will be a good weekend for athletic types like myself: I suffered from athlete's foot a couple of times which automatically makes me a jock. Actually, I will sit on my big butt and watch the Tennessee Vols play Ol' Miss in college football on Saturday afternoon, then Sunday evening the Lady Vols will play Baylor in basketball. Baylor has a Freshman player whom is sensational. At 8:30 Sunday night, The Peyton Manning Colts will play their nemesis, the Tom Brady Patriots in professional football. Does anybody remember whatever happened to the Tampa Bay Bucs or Tennessee Titans football teams? How can people be paid so much and do so little? After all, it is not like they are corporate executives or congressmen. Maybe Sunday morning I will find time to make a few photos ... if the weather cooperates.
----
Yep, I'm feeling good today, even though I have to get a shot.
----
We have sunshine today; it has been cloudy, windy, cool, and raining for the past three days. There is a melody on my lips and a song in my heart. In reality, the Willy Nelson song Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain which I had posted for a couple of days is in my head an refuses to leave. It always does that. I know better than to listen to it, but I cannot help myself; I am like a moth unto a candle. I am weak.
----
Happiness must be the road on which we walk and not our destination.
----
She said, "Making out with you is like having sex with an octopus!"
I retorted, "What the hell is that supposed to mean; I am some kind of slimy freak?"
"It's like you have eight arms groping all over me and I'm being sucked on everywhere," she replied.
Then she smiled and said, "I like what you do with your beak, my dear little mollusk."
----
Have a happy Friday 13th and an ecstatic weekend!
----

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look v. nicely in this photo, and the sofa seems to be comfortable.

1981 ... a coup d’état in Poland. Soldiers and tanks in the streets of Warsaw. Communists closed university. My boy friend (so talented person) was writing beautiful letters to me. And what happened later?

My hands never tremble
when I stumble on silly keepsakes
and a sheaf of letters tied with string
- not even ribbon

Our only meeting after years:
the conversation of two chairs
at a chilly table.



I love phrase: I like what you do with your beak, my dear little mollusk.
SHE was sweet.

Happy weekend. :-)

Anonymous said...

My hands never tremble
when I stumble on silly keepsakes
and a sheaf of letters tied with string
- not even ribbon

Our only meeting after years:
the conversation of two chairs
at a chilly table.


I wish I could write with such emotion. Beautiful.

Early 1980's was not such a good time for the world. In US, we were losing jobs, interest rates and inflation were high and we were experiencing the "me" generation.

Yes, at times I daydream about night things ... whomever SHE never was. :-)

You have a great weekend, Jola.

Tammy said...

Lovely poem, haunting actually.

"There is nothing I can do about it now" is one of those Willie tunes that I have to call one of my favorites. I have so many. My Ipod has Willie Nelson, good country western (not the new crap) and Middle Eastern songs for my B-dancing. my poor Ipod gets so confused when I use the "shuffle" mode to blend all my favorites. maybe that is how my first one broke...hmmm.

1981... I was 13. By 1983 I was hard core partying doing things I'd rather not my children know. Running from the devil as it were of my childhood.... that is another story for a darker day.

Being a parrot owner (Lories, google them!) I know how very deft a well-placed beak can be.

Glad feel happiness in your writing today.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought of Willy as being a spokesman of the "rest of us". I don't own an Ipod, not only because I do not hear well, but because it sounds exasperating to use. Anything more complicated than an on/off switch and tuning knob is out of my patience league.

At least you made it through the hardcore party days. I don't know whether I did or didn't.

Lories and parakeets are fun birds, unless you have to live with a few hundred of them. That is a story for another day. :-)

Have a great weekend, Tammy.

Anonymous said...

Ken
I really like the picture.
It reminds of the times before you and I turned gray.
Have a great Friday 13th.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.

Are you saying I am gray?! OMG!!!

LOL! I can't remember looking like this. We've earned all our gray hairs. :-)

Have a great weekend, Alice.

Mark said...

College hoops getting started will be fun. That is basketball at its best. As for the Bucs it was expected around here. I can not understand what happened to the Titans. That one makes no sense.

Well there are much worse songs that can stuck in your head. At least it is not Britney Spears or some hoorible drek? like that.

Anonymous said...

I've never listened to Spears, but wth worse one I can think of would be Achy-Breaky Heart! Woof!

Blog Archive