Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Happy Wednesday


Mountain morn

The "poem" in the last post was the first words of any meaning I ever posted to this blog ... or the net. It received an immediate and favourable comment which inspired me to try to write more and better. Thank you, "R" ... wherever you are. I am placing it here along with a few others as I go along; I intend to put them in a book; if the book ever happens. Man, it is hard and time consuming work trying to put even a small book together, particularly as I am a virgin to book publishing. All I have ever had published (other than newspaper articles) were a couple of stories in regional magazines and it was just a matter of submitting and waiting. Now, I'm still doing research as to how best to go about self-publishing a small book. There is plenty of advice out there, but it is mostly for "the great American novel". I want something in the style of the little poetry book my friend Jola sent me from Poland.
----
It would seem that Jesus has once again made an appearance. How dumb can people be to not suspect something easily explainable is going on here? I think aliens from another planet did it! Anyway, it will probably end up on Ebay and sell for a million dollars. Is heaven so boring that Jesus and Mary have nothing to do but tease we vulnerable mortals. Maybe it isn't of heavenly origin; maybe old Scratch is tempting the weak with these blasphemous images. Christianity is the biggest money making scheme ever devised; I salute the writers of the New Testament. I know; I am backsliding from what I said a couple of days ago concerning poking fun at religion. I am weak.
----


7 comments:

Tammy said...

The poem is very lovely. Hope the book happens, even if to just share with us hangers-on.

I can't even imagine being able to write something like that, unless I am partaking of my medicinal "relaxation herb" that is. Then I think I can write.

agreed on the christian money making business. Funny how so much of life runs on subjective thought. If you have the gift to convince someone your idea or plan is good you are sitting on a gold mine. and not to say that sometimes they aren't but more often than not, people are corrupted by the power of their own ideas. hmm, have to think more on this.

happy wednesday
I caught a squirrel on the porch today rooting through the peanut bag. Mike hasn't gotten to fix the screen yet. I have to remove all evidence of food I guess. my squirrels got caught up with having "too much" and it corrupted their little brains.

Anonymous said...

‘Silva rerum’ ( Latin words) would be the best composition of your book. I'll try to explain you in email what it means. It would be good to sent you another book composed in such way. It would be a good example for you. I have such book, simply perfect for you, written by Czesław Miłosz ( I love his poems and memories); unfortunately this is Polish book, not in English.

I'll write more on weekend. Kisses. :-)

Anonymous said...

I watched the video. I didn't know this story. It's v. sad. Yes, beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

I think those "medicinal herbs" bring out the realness of people; subduing everything we have been taught and allowing us to be what we really are: free thinking individuals. You most likely can write much better than you think you can when you are not under "medication".

"If you have the gift to convince someone your idea or plan is good you are sitting on a gold mine." I call that being a good politician in any endeavour.

I doubt that fixing the screen will do much good; I once kept walnuts in a box made of 3/4" boards and it didn't stop the fur balls.

Have great evening.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I await your email. :-)

Have a wonderful evening.

Mark said...

Ken maybe you should publish some poems and pictures using magcloud.com and see what you think when they are all published.
It maybe a way to started and get some ideas from that experience.

Why do people fall for this crap.
Seeing this makes me think of one of my favorite verses from Frank Zappa's song "Dumb All Over"

God knows what he's doing
He wrote this book here
And the book says:
He made us all to be
just like him,"
So...
If we're dumb...
Then God is dumb...
(and maybe even a little ugly on the side)

I'll join you in backsliding.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.
I am looking at magcloud.com and some similar services; probably be the way I go to begin with.

Blog Archive