Sunday, November 01, 2009

"and darkness was upon the face of the deep."




Here it is mid-morning and not long until it will be dark again; my druthers would be to stay on daylight savings time year around. Winters are rough when one becomes a geezer; the chill reaches the bones much quicker than in my days of youthful vigor when I was only 50 or so years old. My ageing paradox seems to be my memories; sometimes they seem like my only conduit to reality, but most of the time I tend to dwell with them, seeing the world as I want it to once more be instead of making the best of what I now have. I feel like my soul should leap from my body and run screaming into the twilight. C'est La Vie!
----
I read that the Republicans have hired Oliver North as a foreign relations consultant. You remember Ollie, don't you? He was a man accused of traitorous activity by selling out his country through loyalty to his president, Mr. Ronald Reagan. He was rewarded by being fired by Reagan. He has been accused of terrorism, drug trafficking, and has admitted to shredding government documents that may have incriminated the Reagan-Bush administration in the Iran-Contra scandal. Ollie has a tv program on the Fox Network; whom else would have him? Yes, he is a good representative of what the Republican party has become. I wish him much success in bringing the GOP to demise.

"I'm still in touch with a lot people who continue to serve our country well."
~ Oliver North
----


2 comments:

Mark said...

Daylight savings never made sense to me. I do not like it getting dark so early.

Ollie as a mouthpiece for the Republicans is great. Just what the world needs is a criminal suggesting how we need to run things. He is a fool.

Anonymous said...

I am afraid people are again about to be persuaded into the Republican agenda. People still mostly vote their pocketbooks.

Blog Archive