Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Winter




Winter


Barren trees huddle in cold deep sleep
unfelt breezes whisper minuets
a browning leaf dances before my door
winter has come -- the sun has set

A time to lay a fire on the hearth this eve
to drive damp chill from my bones
a candle lights the window pane
In silence I reminisce alone

The end of day was a wondrous time
to share with my true love
she left my world so suddenly
to soar on the winds above

Spring will come -- I'll still be alone
another season we shall be apart
seasons cannot mend a broken man
a man who's lost his one true heart

©2009 Ken Anderson


2 comments:

Tammy said...

A lovely little poem about old man winter.
I hope you and Carolyn have a nice Thanksgiving, maybe the kids come home for this day?

Mike and I are going to roll up our sleeves and cook all day long, listen to Pink Floyd, the Beatles, and (my favorite) Dire Straits and drink copious amounts of wine. Then my babies (who have to work retail all day long) will come home where they know mamma is waiting to feed them. Everyone needs a soft place to land and Thanksgiving is one of those days a mother gets to feather the nest.

I'll be interested in a story about your research of your family tree and why it is important to you. It is a project I may find myself involved in sometime.

Peace on this Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

One of our sons lives with us and another may come over late tomorrow, but my daughter has to work. We usually do not eat until around four o'clock; Carolyn does all the cooking and she isn't as spry as she used to be, so it takes her longer to do less.

Carolyn is a very good cook, and I am not welcome in the kitchen for special occasions. I just pass through several times and grab a bit of what looks ready to eat.

Glad you have a close family; ours isn't that way. It is all I can do at times to keep them separated.

Pink Floyd and Mark Knopfler; how could it be better?! The Beatles ain't half bad either. I have never been much of a wine drinker unless junk like Boone's Farm, or Mad Dog counts, but three-fingers of Black Jack makes the world a better place. I like sparkling wine or champagne at any time.

Y'all have a great Wednesday and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be gentle with Mark; his luck isn't running any too well.

k

Blog Archive