Thursday, November 12, 2009

Learning




If I could be a teacher, and if I had my choice of students to teach, I would chose only those whom I think could and would teach me. A good teacher is always learning, and what could be better than leaving a classroom each day with the knowledge imparted from one's students? If they should leave the classroom knowing they have taught the teacher, they will become better learners and more inspired in their studies. Teaching is not an occupation or a profession; it is a trade where everyone benefits.

I could not be a teacher. I have not the patience nor attention span to teach, therefore, I must learn. I easily become distracted from the mundane, yet I can sit for an hour watching rain drops tickling the reflections on a puddle. I can look at hundreds of photos each day and find each one refreshing, but one second of opera will invoke a desire to throttle the singer. I find people interesting for the most part, and friends are always mesmerizing in their wisdom and sense of humor. In my opinion, a good sense of humor trumps wisdom, but most people whom have the ability to find humor in their own plights are usually very wise, too.
----
Ronald Reagan once said that the Nicaraguan Contras are "the moral equivalent of our founding fathers". The Nicaraguan Contras were domestic terrorists in their own land, torturing and killing anyone whom did not agree with their idea of democracy. Like all terrorists, they were cowards. The Reagan policies are another blessing bestowed upon us by ultra-conservatives, and one we must try to repair if we are to retake our place as a world leader.
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel a nice peace in your heart? Am I right?

In my opinion you would be a wonderful teacher of photographic art. Your comments on Flickr photos amaze me each time. They are never banal. I like reading them, ... and I learn.

Opera ... We should go together for one of such performances (for example in Warsaw). I think that I also don't like opera, but maybe it's time to renew this experience. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sleeping well; feeling well; I am at peace. :-)

I love photos and art; and I would probably like to teach, but I just do not have patience enough. :-(

You could probably get me elected Pope before I would like opera. The people on stage look funny, act weird, and I cannot understand anything that is going on. Same with ballet, but I do like the gracefulness of the dance. :-)

Thanks, Jola. :-)

Mark said...

I wish I had teachers who actually inspired me when I was young. Those early years are so critical in helping young minds become thinkers. Too often that never happens.

Because of your Anti Reagan views you have reported to Homeland Insecurity.

I think our days as a world leader as dwindling unless we get a major change in how we view the rest of the world. We stick our noses in where oil and money are concerned. However we do not do anything of real substance when the only thing that matters is lives. And we wonder why people hate the U.S.

Can you say Africa?

We would know what to do if we had good teachers when we were young.

Off the moral soapbox for now.

Anonymous said...

I suppose my 7th grade teacher was the first to try to inspire his students. I learned well from him. I hope.

The Republican Congress named the most expensive, biggest, fastest, and most modern aircraft carrier in the world after RR; that should say wonders about the man.

If people like you and I don't use the blog bully pulpit, who will?

Tammy said...

Did I forget to mention that you teach me daily?
At your feet...

Anonymous said...

I am honored and fortunate to be your student, Tammy.

Blog Archive