Wednesday, November 11, 2009


Quiet shadows


During periods of hottest sun or wettest rain, the above chair is where I sit while absorbing the outdoors from my porch. I have an excellent view of the bird feeders and critter watering places from here. At other times during mild, dry weather, I sit around the corner where I can keep an eye on the street. People strolling by are always interesting, and although I don't know but one of them, most still wave or smile as they pass. Some walk alone, and others in pairs; some are exercising their house dogs, and others are getting a bit of fresh air. Many are spending quality time with their spouses, partners, or family members, and there are always one or two pushing strollers while their innocent charges either sleep or peer around with big eyes like only babies can. Sometimes I snap off a photo if something unusual looks to be happening, but mostly it is a scene of urban peacefulness. There is not a lot of auto traffic on my street, and overall it is very peaceful.
----
Even though today is a national holiday, I still must take Carolyn to Fall Branch to clean one small building. Sometimes while she is inside, I may ride a back road looking for photo opportunities. When weather is crappy like it is today, I sit in the car and either read or try to listen to music. My hearing has become so bad that music mostly sounds sucky. I usually help her carry the bags of trash to the dumpsters, but now that I am always on a cane, it is becoming difficult.
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

Outside of both of my neighbors and myself you do not see anybody outside.

I like the weathered floor on your porch.

Anonymous said...

There a quite a few people who walk around the neighborhood. Still, pretty quiet.

Blog Archive