Friday, June 04, 2010

Tennessee cornhole

Lord Buddha

Here is an article headline from today's Johnson City Press Chronicle online edition:
Blue Plum rise: 5k race, cornhole tournament aim to please
****
The 2010 Downtown Johnson City Blue Plum Festival has arrived. My little city is expecting 80,000 attendees over three days, and I would go myself just to see and photograph the cornholing. I suppose "cornhole" still means the same thing it always has in the area, anal intercourse. It should be a tournament to remember. Seeing as how it is a family oriented festival, I surely hope the smaller children are protected from viewing or having to participate in the event. I'm wondering if they will have a live band for the activity and just what type of music is appropriate; maybe an upbeat disco mix to get things started and slowly easing into  rhythmic waltz for the climax. I also wonder if it is too late to secure the Vaseline® concession?  The article says the Cornhole Tournament first began last year and was a big hit. I bet!
----
There is actually very little to do in this small part of the civilized world, and when they do find some things of interest, they seem to want to put them all on at the same time. Along with the downtown festival, Sycamore Shoals Park in Elizabethton is doing their annual Native American Festival and Davey Crockett Birthplace State Park at Limestone is having a pioneer event. Looks like they could do them over several weekends to insure good crowds at at each.
----
The Johnson City festival would be a good place for Mark to set up a booth. His Fading America theme would probably do well here as East Tennessee State University has the Archives of Appalachia on its nearby campus and it is pretty popular. At least he could meet a lot of other vendors and some damn good people. Participation in the cornholing is probably optional, so he should not have to worry about that end.
----
I better quit before I get into trouble; have a great Friday!
----


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken
I assume you are jesting about how cornhole is played. It is played like horseshoes, but with little bean bags.
Alice

Anonymous said...

LOL!
It is a bit tongue in cheek, but I never heard of the game until last year; cornhole was always sexual slang and meant what I was referring to. I believe the slang word is well enough known locally that they should have come up with something different for the game. I am having Friday fun, my Dear friend. :-)

Tammy said...

So glad Alice clarified that for me. I had no idea and obviously was thinking the latter, dirty girl that I can be.
Hope you are feeling well and have a good weekend. It is rainy here so I'll wait till it dries up to go out with the sprayer to kick worm butt.
Mark would do well with a booth as he is quite friendly when he tries to be and can talk to anyone. I've been trying to get him a girl for years and that may be a great avenue for meeting a like-minded chickie.
have fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

Thunderstorms here. War on bugs and worms; it is a just cause. :-)

Mark will be ok, but it won't hurt him to look around at these events. There are some good looking and fine ladies out there who like to do the same things he does.

Mark said...

http://www.americancornhole.org/

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive