Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bliss

 Some kinda yeller flaire

Yesterday was our 46th wedding anniversary; just another day.
----
There just ain't much happening in this corner of whatever. Carolyn goes to hairdresser; I sit on porch and watch the neighbor ladies walk their dogs; a few "house-husbands" walk their charges, too. Seems like the fatter the guy, the smaller his pooch and the prettier the lady, the uglier her dog. Of course it could be just my bored imagination. One of the guys has gotten so blimpy that instead of waddling around the streets, he just turns his dog loose for a few hours and then will come hunting him in his huge Escalade SUV. Most of these people think it is ok for their pets to shit in my yard, but it ain't. I suppose you can figure why my neighbors do not like me; the men next door are the only ones I get along with; they keep their cat and dog in the house.
----
Got a little time on your hands? Here is a video tutorial for a way to relieve some boredom.
----
Enough bitching for Wednesday; have a good one!
----

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary. That is monumental. I'm just approaching my 15th next month, it must seem like not many years at all to such an experienced married person such as yourself but I'm proud of it.
I'm not a dog person and wouldn't have one. I can't figure why people let their dogs poo in the street. That just gets me frothing at the mouth. I just want to toss poo on their house, ignorant asses.
Mark likes ribeye steaks, blueberries, salads...and just about everything actually. He hates beets and isn't fond of too many raw greens that I can recall. Drinks his coffee black with a touch of sugar and tends to skip breakfast, although it is his favorite meal of the day. I could go on and on but I'll save his dignity and leave some mystery.
you will like him.
dance night tonight again.

Anonymous said...

Ken ... when I'm reading your blog I like each time such sentence: "Carolyn goes to hairdresser".
I don't know why but this sentence makes a peace in my heart.
My congrats on this happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

Well, I won't go into how long it seems I've been married.

I wouldn't mind having a dog; I like beagles but hounds aren't always happy in a house. I would like to have a Jack Russell terrier but they are bad about eating furniture. I agree; people who allow their dogs to use other peoples lawns and driveways for toilets should be made to get down on their knees and pick up after their dogs ... with their teeth.

Thanks for the info; I'm sure Mark will appreciate us writing about him. :-)

Have a good shimmy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola,

I like to write about the mundane and simple, but I feel it bores most people. Glad you like the sentence. :-)

Mark said...

Ha, beets ar3 the worst. Breakfast is the best meal of the day and some greens are ok.I need somebody to make meals for me.

Happy anniversary. My parents 48th is in September.

Funny you posted that video. I almoist posted that a couple weekes ago. Pretty cool feat.

Anonymous said...

Ken and Carolyn
Happy Anniversary!
Alice

Anonymous said...

I love beets; about two months ago, Carolyn pickled hard boiled eggs and beets in beet juice; delicious!
She makes great breakfasts as long as you like eggs (usually scrambled), bacon or ham, fried taters, grits, apple sauce, jelly, and home made biscuits. She makes pretty good sawmill gravy, but she is lousy with pancakes.
When she is on her game, she makes good meat loaf, and great tater salad and baked beans. I gotta ask; do you like red-eye gravy poured over hot biscuits, country ham, mashed taters, peas, and green beans? Gawd; this is a-killin' me to talk about; after all, I am on a diet. ;-)))

Thanks, Mark.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.
It was pretty plain coming on a weekday, but we hope to make up for it this weekend.

Blog Archive