Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blue Summer Monday

Blue Circle Drive-In
Bristol, Tennessee 

Happy Birthday, JB. As for nearly everything this year, I am a day late.
----
Didn't do much Sunday but hang loose around the house. Jerry was over yesterday morning and Chris, Ashley, and their tag-alongs were over in late afternoon. Carolyn fixed me a nice Father's Day supper, no one got into a fight or argument which is rare for my kin, and it was a good day.
----
Today is the day I dread to see arrive; I am like this each year at summer solstice. For the next six months the daylight will become shorter and shorter as we slide downhill toward that hateful, long winter. Nothing to do but make the best of it. In many pagan traditions and religions, the longest day of the year is known as Midsummer and is a feast celebrating summer and the peak of the sun god's power. It also represents the major battle of the year between the Sun God of Light and the Sun God of Dark.

Mark is correct in his blog; "Celebrate Mother Earth and show her some love."
----
May your woolsey colors not fade on this summer worsh day!

6 comments:

Mark said...

I'll take one dozen circle burgers, please.

Do not worry. There will be plenty of days with 90 degree weather in the coming weeks.

I'd love to go to a Midsummer clebration. I know they are big in the Scandanavian country's.

Tammy said...

Happy Father's day. It is a strange day for me. my father hasn't been a beacon of light for his kids so we just let it slide by without a thought. I like the photo of your grandson. He looks happy and young.

Anonymous said...

This is the only Blue Circle Drive-in left in this area as far as I know. I'm going back for a sack or two.

I've seen 103 degrees here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.

It is sad to grow up without a loving father.

Keegan seems to be doing fine with military life.

Anonymous said...

My father was v. good man, unfortunately he had very weak heart and I lost him early.

Ken ... actually, I like your pagan religion. :-)

Anonymous said...

It must have been tough to be without a father for so much of your life.

Are you going to convert to paganism? :-)))
Thanks, Jola.

Blog Archive