Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pissed at Flickr


The Super-Man knee-jerk administrators over at Yahoo/Flickr have seen fit to block all links to Megashot.net on Flickr. They are now deleting all Flickr emails that have the link in it and putting out a You are a BAD boy warning when I try to link from my paid-for Flickr account. They haven't blocked any other photo sharing sites as far as I know, so that fact alone makes Megashot a threat to the best source of income that Yahoo has ... Flickr "Pro" members. Their actions legitimizes Megashot as they belittle themselves. Megashot certainly does not block Flickr members from linking to Flickr photos, nor does it encourage such actions on the part of any member. Megashot is open to ideas; not misguided ideals. Beginning today, my affiliation with Yahoo/Flickr  is on the road to perdition. I have already changed my homepage from Yahoo.com where it has been for at least eight years to Google.com. I will continue on Flickr for a time until I become sick of looking at the blaring white background, or until I am sick of the censorship on something I am paying for, or until they kick me off for being an asshole.
----
Carolyn's tomatoes are not doing well; she did not and has not fertilized them since they were bought, and container grown plants that are requiring as much water as do they need additional nutrients. She has to water them twice each day so there can be very little for them to eat. The fruit is small, and even the blossoms are becoming tiny. Also, she didn't sucker her plants after the initial suckering that I did, and the extra limbs and leaves are putting too much stress on the root system. I suspect this will be the last year for her tomato crop. Too bad; last year's did very well and provided us with plenty of fruit until mid-September.
----
Enough bitching for one day ...
----
Have a good Wednesday!
----
Y'all!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

Flickr may be the king, however they will get dethroned if they continue to act as they do.

They are getting worse as Yahoo takes over more and more.

Bummer on the maters.

Anonymous said...

Flickr made a big move in the right direction today; give it a look.

Blog Archive