Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer -2

Eye allergies have kept me hunkered down the past few days. Late Thursday afternoon I was well enough to get outside for a bit, so I sat in the Escape and made photos of cardinals as as they came to the feeder. It was miserably hot in the car, but I was able to stay about thirty minutes. Although I was in sunshine, the feeder was mostly in shade so I had to use my 400 sensitivity setting on the camera and that is one area where Pentax falls behind Nikon and Canon; at the level of cropping I do for many shots, there is too much noise at anything over ISO 200. Pentax does have a built-n HDR system that compensates for a lot of noise and I used it on three of my better shots; they are decent and acceptable by my standards.
----
I really don't have anything to say today.
----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken ... your cardinals move me. There are similar birds in Poland. We call them 'gile' (bullfinch). They are also red, but they are much smaller and they rather rare. It's not easy to meet them.

Aga seems to be ok. She wears a special dress which protects her wound after surgery. Poor doggy; drugs made her stupefied. We love her so much.

So quiet day in Warsaw today.
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jola.

I love the cardinals; they stay with us year round and are so pretty against snow. We have birds called bullfinches but they are actually tanagers.

I'm glad Aga is doing ok; I'm sure she will recover just fine.

We went riding and picnicking today but I don't think I got any good photos.

Have a good Sunday, my friend. :-)

Blog Archive