Thursday, June 24, 2010

It must be art

 Carolyn's first pepper of the year

Just as I was cutting down Flickr yesterday, they must have partially come to their senses. They changed the way photos are viewed by allowing them to be seen automatically on black background in the normal view. Other enhancements and improvements were also implemented but the glaring white starting page is still present. This good stuff is all due to the presence of and threat from Megashot, but they still are not allowing links to Megashot photos.
----
Megashot was offline for sometime last evening; this is the second time it has happened. Cyrus is probably beside himself because it is something that is never supposed to occur and he is paying extra $$ for the newest cloud servers to insure that it doesn't. Tek-no-lo-gy!
----
When I was in college photo school, each person in the small class had to take three of their best photos and make them presentable for display in the art department gallery. During the time our work was being shown, a group of 11th grade students were touring the campus. The little art gallery is open for all to visit, and some of the kids were looking at our photos. Most of our mats were the regular landscapes, street scenes and night shots. One girl displayed a nude photo of her boyfriend and upon seeing it, I heard one of the juniors say to another "It must be art; it's black and white". I had pretty well forgotten the incident until yesterday when I put a b/w photo of Carolyn's "unusual" mater on Flickr where it was getting views but no comments, which did not surprise me. That is when the recollection of that long-ago remark hit me and I used it as a title for the photo and in no time at all it got a couple of comments about the b/w work but nothing about the oddity of the subject. Incidents like that are what causes me to say that I am not totally convinced that people accept photography as an art form, and truly, nothing is art unless the viewer sees it as art.
----
I may not post here tomorrow as I have an appointment with the RA doctor for a quarterly checkup. I end up getting naked for her and then all we do is talk medical politics. I will get weighed, however, and I can find out if I have lost some pounds.
----
Have a good Thursday—and just in case—a fabulous Friday, too!
----
Y'all!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be art; it's black and white ...
A nice memory, Ken. I like it v. much too. :-)
If it is possible, please, inform us about your lost pounds and about your ... diet.
xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I hope i have some lost pounds to tell about. :-)

Mark said...

Wow. Flickr made some major changes. Guess they were listening to all the bitching about them all over the web.

Anonymous said...

Some good stuff from Flickr; commenting is still slow on the photos that have a lot of flashy group invites, etc.

Blog Archive