Thursday, June 03, 2010

Pre-weekend blues



If today is Thursday—and I think it is—it is the deadest part of the week for me. The only memorable thing that I can recall which has happened to me on any Thursday was my birth, and I just barely remember that. Besides, the sun ain't shining. Still a decent day though ... even for a Thursday.
----
I am getting a bit more porch time; my allergies have eased somewhat over the last week, which is a big blessing. I still need one more shot to get my neck back to semi-operational, and that will be taken care of tomorrow. Now if I could just walk more than a few steps on this blasted bad knee!
----
Our grandson graduates from Air Force basic training next week and his dad, his dad's wife, Carolyn and I intended to rent a motor home and spend a week on the road down Texas way. Trouble is, we didn't get an invite to the ceremony and according to the local recruiting office, we cannot get on the base without one. Sounds reasonable. Of course, grandson's mom, her husband, sister, sister's boyfriend, his mom's sister and husband, and his grandparents on his mom's side got invites. We haven't even received a phone call from him since he departed Tennessee. Hurtful bummer, it is.
----
This is what one petroleum engineer said about BP's response to the Gulf Oil Spill.
----
From the mouths of babes ...
----
Have a good whatever freaking day it is!
----

6 comments:

Tammy said...

So sorry your grandson has neglected parts of his family. I'd chide him if I could. That annoys the crap out of me, when kids forget or just plain don't think those things are important to us. They are our future and we are so proud. I hope it works out for you Ken.
I am flabbergasted after reading the information about BP. Well karma will get someone and I pronounce many of them are going straight to hell, yes sir.
The kid stuff was so lovely and refreshing to read and it made me cry. But now everything makes me cry. My hormones aren't my own and come in attached to a small piece of tape that I have to stick to my abdomen twice a week. I haven't come to terms with that part yet. Yes, Jola my ovaries are gone too. All of it, gone.
I ordered a new organic pesticide to fight the worms... BTK. It is a biological insecticide. Pray it works or I'm off planting tomatoes for good this time, and I really mean it.
I am desperate for a sexual encounter but my husband says no way before the recommended 6 weeks. I think I'm wearing him down though. just because the merry-go-round is broken doesn't mean the amusement park is closed.
Happy Thursday, and yes it is, to you all. I have a hummingbird in my garden and she makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

It makes us wonder what we did wrong along the line.

Your body will find a balance but you may have to work at the emotional part. Good thought about wearing your husband down; as long as you have the burning desire, you will be fine. I pity/envy him when the time does come.

Good luck with the BTK and cut-worms.

Humming birds are so inquisitive. You can entice them to take red sugar water from a white or yellow plastic spoon held between your lips.

Thanks, Tammy :-)

Anonymous said...

Ken
I just don't understand why your grandson did not get passes for you Carolyn, his Dad and stepmom. I think you should have had them before some of the other relatives you mentioned. I guess the basses have increased their security since the Fort Hood shooting.
I hope since you will have traveled that far you will be able to get on base and see the graduation.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi, Alice.
We are taking it all with a grain of salt; I think he is listening to the wrong people, but he will probably understand one day. We've decided not to go to Texas; too much expense when we aren't sure we can see him at all.
Thanks, my friend. :-)

Mark said...

Well that is a bummer. Hard to figure out family issues. I suspect you are right that somebody is feeding him things. That is too bad. I have found that grandparents are so much more forgiving and understanding of their grandkids and they accept grandkids for what they are and not what people expect their own kids to be.

Tammy is a trooper and will come through fine. Her positive attitude will go a long way in speeding along recovery.

Have a good Friday my friends.

Anonymous said...

Well said on the grandparents, Mark.

I imagine Tammy is as strong as they come in every way possible and she has good family and friends for support.

Blog Archive