Friday, June 11, 2010

Hobbled and gobbled

 
It is amazing how good a simple piece of fruit tastes. This morning I hurriedly hobbled (imagine) from the bedroom to the kitchen and gobbled a banana like a snake eating a rat. A banana each morning is my usual fare as is a clementine at bedtime, but since my self-induced torture of dieting began way back day-before-yesterday, each has become a complete meal to which I look forward with Pavlovian gusto. Yesterday's main course was two peanut butter crackers and a garden salad of lettuce, tomato, green pepper, and onion; no dressing. Water was my beverage. I have reduced my coffee sugar by one-third, and have not had a soda or any tea. I'm happy I watch very little tv as all those food and beer commercials would be detrimental to achieving my goal. I am a nervous wreck, irritable, and grouchy, yet I know the quality of my life is vastly improved. Phooey!
---
I'm weak and my hands are shaking, therefore I must bid you adieu for this spectacular shot day, this wonderful Friday in my favorite month of June, this day of endless starvation. Have a good one.
----
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
 ~H. L. Mencken
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ken ... maybe you started you diet too radically, and now you grouchy. I think you still may drink your green tea with a small portion of honey. I also like your salad; you may add an olive as a dressing. Also good vegetable soup would be good for you ( I ate today my favorite cauliflower soup with the pieces of potatoes and small portion of cream).

Please rethink your diet; it shouldn't be torture.

My last weight - 69 kilograms. Decrease of 1 kilogram. I want to t be 63-64, and it needs some of work too.
I like this title: hobbled and gobbled. Funny!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

You should know by now that I'm not too serious about going hungry, but I am serious about the diet. :-)
I had a cup of tea today with a bit of lemon honey and I had a small cup of vegetable-beef soup.

Your weight isn't bad, I think; just don't try to lose too much too fast.

Pa, my friend.

Mark said...

We can go on a global diet.

Anonymous said...

It's a good idea, Mark. And this diet should be a joy for us. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry!

Blog Archive