Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday prayers

 This is the store where Davy Crockett paused for a Coke
and bought supplies for his trek to die at the Alamo in Tejas.
Would I lie?

I was pretty sickly from Thursday night through yesterday morning; much fluid in my lovely body. That is most likely the reason I didn't show much weight loss at doc's office on Friday. I was in sort of a paradox; I was eating fluid pills as directed and they were removing fluid to the point I was dehydrated yet I was still smothering and my ankles and feet were swollen. I was drinking plenty of water and eating naners to keep my potassium from being pissed away. To top it all, the pills exaggerated my eye problem by drying up what few tears I can make. By noon yesterday, I was back to almost normal except for lingering allergies. Ain't it fun when old folks tell you all about their health?!
----
Took Carolyn to Fall Branch late in the afternoon and I stopped in downtown Jonesborough to shoot a lineup of chairs. Sunday afternoons is the best time to shoot in the old town because there are fewer tourists than on weekdays. We then hit a few back roads on the way over where I had previously spotted an old school building and I went back to it and made some unsatisfactory shots; being crippled sucks. After leaving the spot, I turned onto a road we had never traveled and after about a mile of nothing of interest, I spotted an old log cabin perched on rock foundation and near the road; I mentally marked it for a return visit as it was beginning to sprinkle rain. Just as we passed it, Carolyn said "there's a Coke sign on it". I said "an old sign?" and she said it was rusty. That was enough for me so I turned the Escape, went back and parked in a driveway across the road and made a few shots of the enigmatic building. Now I have to try and find some info on it. Black and white version on Megashot.
----
Nohow; have a wacky worsh day!
----

2 comments:

Mark said...

Oh yeah, we all love to hear about each others health problems. my sinuses have been a problem the last few days.

Nice barn/Coke photo.

Anonymous said...

I hope your sinus problem improves as you get older ... but don't count on it; nothing improves as you get old!

I think the log building may have been a smokehouse; they hardly ever had windows.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive