Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Godly douches


 Watching the movie watcher

The godly douches from Westboro Baptist Church chose not to show up to protest the funeral service for Airman White; there were several Veteran and motorcycle groups waiting to welcome them. It is possible they will be here for the graveside service today, but it is on V.A. grounds and they will not tolerate such activity.
----
Extremely hot yesterday and even hotter in store for today. A heavy storm came through last evening with high wind and lots of rain, but the humidity it leaves for today will make things worse. I have to go out at the hottest part of today and pick up my maybe future son-in-law from work.
----
Our granddaughter Ashley is wanting to to be a professional model; she certainly has the looks for such work, but at 23, she is getting to the age when most models begin having a difficult time finding good work; in modeling, looks and youth are everything. I am not a portrait photographer nor do I want to be, but I am going to try some shots with her; she is pretty enough so that people may not notice my poor skills.
----
In the above photo, doesn't the guy's reflection remind you of "Shaggy" in the Scooby-Doo tv cartoon series?
----
Have a tickling Tuesday!
----

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I had been thinking Ken, that a good use for motorcycle gangs would be "bouncers" for any sort of trash that would dishonor a family. It would give them a chance to flex their muscles and give them something real to tussle over.
Yes to the Shaggy reference. Mark's name in college, and possibly still (?), was Shaggy. I didn't have the pleasure to know him then so we will have to wait on his input.
Seems like modeling is a gig that you need a certain amount of "who-you-know" to get going. Some of these made-up girls are hideous. Good luck with the photos.
Dance night for me.

Anonymous said...

Good idea Tammy. There is one motorcycle club up here that is a Christian outfit, but I didn't hear a peep out of them during this entire sad event.

My daughter did some modeling back in the day, but never tried to go pro. I understand completely about the "who-you-know" and I agree.
Happy dancing!
Thanks.

Mark said...

Ha, the guy does look like Shaggy.
For me it was always my messy hair and "laid back" attitude. I liked being called Shaggy. :)

When the weather breaks I think it will be a series of bad storms.

I like your term "maybe future son-in-law". So endearing. :)

Modeling is tough. There is lots of work one can do for small companies and such. Even some tv work. Got to have the right agent.

Anonymous said...

Shaggy is a good nickname; damn sight better than Bubba or Billybob.

Tornado weather!

I don't think much will come of the modeling thing; I'm afraid she is being led-on by a photographer.

Mark said...

Hope she is not getting led on by some photog. However I would not be surprised.

Anonymous said...

We know the guy; he specializes in wedding portraits and does portfolios for wannabe models. I still don't trust him but she is 23, so ...

Blog Archive