Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekend blues


Yesterday I visited my RA doc for my four month checkup, lube, and oil change. Nothing new broken and nothing old mended; status quo. Nurse Pam administered my injection with her usual warm hands and soft touch. Friday is dress-down day at the doc's, and Nurse Needles was wearing blue jean shorts that came down to not quite mid-thigh and fit her like OJ Simpson's glove; nice and tight. Not that I pay attention to such; I am an old man. I had a good visit with the doc, and she and I resolved all the health care issues that face this country. That was pretty well the sum of my day.
----
I have dumped most of the groups on Flickr; I had more than 200 but am now down to just more than 50. A lot of those were picked up from my flying wood boring bee photo and the icicle shot from last winter. I will soon begin culling contacts there, too. Most of them are people that listed me as a contact or friend and then I never heard from them again except to see their photos popping up as thumbnails on my contact list. I give everyone the benefit of a doubt; I will visit and comment on several of their pics, and if they do not at least occasionally fave one of mine, I will dump them. I plan to dump many this coming week. I had one guy block me on Flickr because I did not comment on his photos; he listed me as a friend but never did show up on my stream. I commented and faved a few of his at first, but then quit because he did not reciprocate in the least. He is a good photographer, but he deserves no quarter from me. A pox on his Nikon.
----
The only song of Michael Jackson's that I liked even a little bit was Billie Jean. He was the first person inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and he never produced a rock and roll song in his life. I have no use for the Hall of Fame as it is meaningless. As for Jackson, I neither liked or disliked him or the remainder of his singing siblings. His sister's tit wasn't even very impressive when she showed it on tv.

As for Farrah Fawcett, she became popular at about the time I became burned out with network tv, so I know very little about her.

I never liked Ed McMahon. He seemed to be a no-talent product pusher whom always looked very sneaky.
----
Carolyn made killed lettuce and onions for supper last afternoon, along with mashed taters, October beans, slaw, sliced tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers, and a pan of corn bread. Some of the vegies came from Jerry's garden, but we bought the tomatoes. potatoes, and cabbage. Carolyn's tomato plants are blooming, and I look forward to grabbing a cold biscuit and plucking a tomato for a country feast. Cuisine-wise, it does not take much to please me.
----
I have been a Twitterer for a couple months and still have only one follower if you don't count the snake oil salesmen. Maybe Twitter and Facebook will be handy someday, but I suspect they will be like MySpace and I will soon dump them. Flickr is still my only social outlet on the web except for these blogs, and my Flickr usage will soon be slowing, at least I hope it will. I very seldom use email and I have never IM'd more than four or five times. I have some Hotmail email addresses I at one time used as junk mail catchers, and I will get rid of all save one of them. I also have an extra gmail account that is no longer in use and I will soon shuck it. Hell, I don't even have text messaging on my cell phone. There is too much clutter in the modern communications world. This blog is electroinc proof of that statement; all these words and very little substance.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I need to clean up my Flickr groups. Way too many. It gets out of hand.

The thing with Facebook,Twitter and Flickr is that they become time consuming.

Anonymous said...

Twitter isn't too bad; I have an "add-on" (TwitterFox) in Firefox that lets me send and receive tweets from anywhere. The main thing is not to overload yourself with people to follow.

Mark said...

Sure enough. I need clean up Flickr a whole bunch.

Blog Archive