Friday, June 05, 2009

Rumbles


Saw my doctor for the checkup and I convinced her I am fine, so now I don't go back to her for a year. God, I'm getting really old; she wants me to be vaccinated for shingles. It seems a little late as we had new shingles installed on the roof less than three years ago, but I suppose she knows what she is doing. Also went to the RA doc's office for my weekly fix.
----
My son Jerry has been off work all week; he went in Monday and his knee became inflamed and began hurting. It is probably arthritis from using the knee-kicker when he installs carpet, but he has no insurance and doctors will not see him without $200 cash up front, and he doesn't have that. I have no idea as to what he can do with so few options.
----
Grasshopper? What the hell were you thinking?
----
Today is National Donut Day, and some donut chains and establishments are giving away freebies to mark the occasion. Cops in several large cities dashed to local donut shops on their beats to make sure they procured their quota before the regular folk took theirs. If you saw police cars doing weirder than usual things early this morning, you can bet all the excitement was due to the rush for the donut rush.
----
Maybe Aerosmith should change the name and lyrics of their song Janie's Got A Gun to Jesus's Got A Gun.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Situation of Jerry is not good, really. Have you only one son? What is his job that he has not insurance. In Poland it is a duty of employers to pay a health insurance. If they do not do it they pay different fines (of course there are better and worse employers).

National Donut Day - I like it! It is so famous shop and cafe with donuts in Warsaw - Blikle Cafe. :-))

Anonymous said...

Jerry is my eldest son. In US, it is a voluntary thing for employers to provide insurance, and the employee usually has to pay half or more of the premiums. Insurance companies and big business lobbies make sure it stays that way by "donating" lots of $$$ to our lawmakers. We are a corrupt third world country in many ways.

I love donuts, especially one particular brand we have that goes by the name "Krispy Kreme". :-p

Anonymous said...

Please, do not write that you are corrupt third world. I know corrupted countries in Eastern Europe, for instance Ukraine. It's hard to believe how deeply this country is corrupted. Ken, if you knew it, you would be really amazed.

I wish all the best your son Jerry.

Anonymous said...

Magnify Ukraine by 50 (our states) and then by thousands upon thousands of local governments. Nearly all of those have corrupt officials. Our 2000 and 2004 presidential elections were bought by unscrupulous corporations. Any nation that puts money above liberty is corrupt, and the combined governments of the United States of America are corrupt from top to bottom. Two trillion dollars was recently given to this nation's banking system by the government, and not one government official knows what the money was used for nor do any of them have a way (or desire) to trace it. Yes, we a are a very corrupt and immoral country, and we are in serious decline. We are very spoiled. The major sins of the past eight years are just coming to light, and I hope our press still has enough guts to expose them.

Thanks, Jola. Jerry went to the black market and bought some medication that seems to be helping him. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ken, my American friend, I believe your country will overcome all these terrible difficulties. Of course wise and reasonable decisions are needed. I read in my Polish favourite newspapers almost all articles concerning the US. It's not easy; I know it and understand it well. In Poland we had depression and high employment (and corruption) for many years. There were even such cases that people committed suicide because they felt so helpless.
In such bad time our solidarity is very important.

Today in Poland (7 June) are held election to the European Parliament. I'm sure that my candidate is honest and reasonable person.
And it is a woman of course.;-))

Have a nice Sunday! Pa!

Anonymous said...

... oops, I wanted to say: unemployment. Sorry for my mistake.:-)

Anonymous said...

Suicides are on the rise here as people are being kicked out of their homes and losing income but gaining despair.

Sometimes I think the American political system is too broken to be fixed; sometimes I think we need to start all over again and hopefully not make the same mistakes. It doesn't look like people are scared enough to want to reverse things, but some kind of positive change must come or we shall falter.

I am glad to see women having an opportunity to carry your nation forward; here, they are just as corrupt as the men, only prettier. ;-)

Blog Archive