Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stormy


It is a wonderful day! I love thunderstorms, and we are having them just one after another. Weather is Mother Nature's way of saying "do not take me for granted". For me, the times of most inner peace are when there is much turbulence in the sky; the clouds are dark, the air is warm, winds are busy overhead, lightning walks, and thunder talks. The scent of ionized air is refreshing and even an old man may sometimes feel good.
----
I was supposed to go to the heart doctor today, but I had it postponed until September; I am getting medical burnout. When life is more about fighting just to be well instead of feeling well about oneself, it is not a worthwhile life. I feel much better by not going for a routine checkup like I had just three months ago. Quality of life for older folk is iffy at best, and we damn sure do not need unwarranted pressures placed on us by unfounded worries. Just allow us to finish what we began with a bit of grace and dignity.
----
Chris has some kind of bacterial infection. She saw her doctor yesterday and he put her on a high-powered antibiotic. The medication can cause seizures so I am sitting with her today just in case a problem arises. One never ceases being a parent.
----


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful day for me too. I spent an hour in my favorite church located in the Lindley'a Street. It is church dedicated to St. Alojzy Orione, Italian priest.

I lighted a candle. I recited a litany. I also offered up some money as a sacrifice.
There is peace in my heart.

This is old and beautiful church; not big, quiet, with soft light, wonderful altar, and green trees outside: http://www.parafia.webmedia.pl/index1_big.html

---

Take care of yourself, my friend.
Pa – j.:-)

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are at peace, and even more happy you are at peace in your favorite church. That is how church should be. :-)

I could not get a good translation, but the building is beautiful.

Thanks, Jola.

Pa, my friend.
Ken

Blog Archive