Thursday, June 18, 2009

Things


I may have gone overboard with the thunderstorm thing yesterday; not only did it storm outside with tornadoes touching down locally, but my online experience was like riding out a nor'easter. Seems like the entire state of Texas was raining on my blog, and I wonder what it would have been like if it had been offensive in any way? One would think I had been seducing the Pope. Whatever! Chris is feeling a little better today and is trying to get ready to go job hunting.
----
We are still having thunderstorms in the area, but so far not as severe today as were yesterday's. Tomorrow is supposed to be fair weather, then right back to t-storms for the weekend.
----
The US government is tooting over the drop in continuing unemployment claims. Actually, it means only that a lot of people's unemployment coverage has run out, and that others have died of starvation, despair, and suicide. According to an Associated Press report, Big Bro is also expecting the economy to recover by mid-summer. Holy moley, that means all those jobs that the Reagan-Bush-Clinton-Bush administrations sent overseas are coming back home. It is almost enough to make me swoon! It means gasoline prices are going back to $1.50/gal. Hallelujah! It means people will again be buying homes and that I can sellout and move into a rental; to hell with house payments, escrows, taxes, and homeowner's insurance. Yippee! Carolyn's old accounts will be coming back for her janitorial services, and maybe I can afford to have my knee replaced. Hubba-hubba! It means super-sized and super expensive SUVs like Hummers and Escalades will once more be prowling our narrow streets and broken freeways. Hoot hoot! Let the good times roll! And all this before September; breathtaking, isn't it? Life in these here United States of America is looking good.
----
Speaking of sore knees; I can remember when waking up of the mornings and grabbing my stick didn't mean a walking cane.
----
I feel good today—except for my sore knees—so I will hang up and hang out. Maybe someone will take offense at my attempt at some economic satire, or they may become suspicious of my being alone all day yesterday with my grown daughter; they know how we hillbillies inbreed.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you spent this time with your sick daughter.
My family is for me very important too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

Being a parent is a lifetime occupation ... and sometimes enjoyable. ;-)

Maggie said...

:-) The Pope is seducable? alright, I know its not a word.

I love thunderstorms too, but this sounds like it was a bit over the top with the tornadoes.

Nice to see Chris is getting better.

Holy moley this is a fun post. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie. Chris is feeling much better; it is a female type infection.

The Pope? I'm in enough trouble, so I will not opine at this moment. ;-)

I think there six small tornadoes confirmed again yesterday; very, very unusual for our mountainous region.

I actually had fun writing this post; I have been so boring for the past year I was becoming uneasy and about ready to quit posting.

:-)))

Mark said...

I love how the mass media and the pol's spread the unemployment number around like it was a good thing. I wonder how many people fell for this bs story.

Your humor is making my ribs hurt.

Blog Archive