Monday, June 15, 2009

I feel like an ongoing wreck


Today's sermon consists of not apologizing for yesterday's sermon; I stand by what I said. One cannot change the word of God to fit his own life; it is what it is.

Maybe I should have kept my feelings to myself, but that isn't whom I am and it definitely isn't the reason I have this blog. At times I talk when I should be listening, and other times it seems like I hear only what I want to hear, but there is one thing you may be assured of; if I say it, I believe it. The preacher at Westminster Abbey should not have turned away anyone from the house that Jesus built; he had no right to do so. When he shooed those "gawkers" away, he took possession away from the Man.

As for the other things such as idols and pageantry, if anyone can show where it is written in the original scriptures or any first translations of the Christian Bible that it is ok to have these things, then I will apologize in this public blog. HE is in your heart.

None of it was pointed at one particular person or belief, but at the hypocrisy I see in modern Christianity. There is much good in religion, but the fact remains that it should all be good. If not, why bother?
----
We are still trying to get things straight with the bank concerning the stolen debit card. Nothing is easy when $ is involved.
----
I am tired.
----



Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have visited many different churches in different countries and I know that there are simply such moments (such hours) when famous churches (as Westminster Abby, St. Peter Basilica in Rome) are open only for prayers and tourists should understand it.

Sorry for my previous comment, Ken. I shouldn’t have written it. Raz jeszcze przepraszam. Nie chowaj urazy.
Życzę miłego wieczoru.
j.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are correct; if the churches are going to be famous for their buildings, they do need the quiet time.

You have no reason to apologize, my friend. I did not take offense.

Hope you have a nice evening, too.
Pa, Jola. :-)

Mark said...

There is a whole bunch of prejudice in the worlds religions and that is what bothers me.

Anonymous said...

Me too; it is a part of the hypocrisy,

Blog Archive