Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hairy


After showering this morning, I was admiring my spectacular physique in the bathroom mirror and noticed I have a brand new patch of solid black hair growing smack-dab in the center of my chest. The old stuff that has been there for years is dark brown, but has several lots of gray hairs intermixed. The blackness of the fur momentarily stunned me as I recalled a Native American legend I had read about that claims when we die, we turn into and return to the living as the animal we most resembled during our life as a human. I never gave the prophecy much credence, but I am now wondering if there may be something to it; maybe I am now morphing into my future self. Damn, I so much wanted to be a song bird, but as far as I know, none of them have coal black hair. In fact, I can think of only one local animal that has any super-black hair, and that is our native skunk (a critter that is compared to the European polecat). Man, that really made my hair stand on end! Me a skunk?! Am I now changing into one of Nature's most detested creatures; one that causes us to furrow our brows and rapidly roll up our car windows when it becomes roadkill? Some will probably say it is just what I deserve for some of the things I have done and said while in this human form. If so, then so be it; I can live with it for whatever time I have left. If I do become future roadkill, I hope it is one of my many detractors that has the pleasure of administering the coup de grĂ¢ce with their car and I hope it is in front of their house and that I can get off one huge cloud and final spray of woodsy perfume; I want to go out in style and be remembered.
----
Q&A: Why should the citizens of this rat-hole city pay for a pumping system to alleviate flooding in a private apartment complex which was knowingly built on property that is notorious for sinkholes? Because it is in North Johnson City where the upper middle-class and wealthy people live! Pisser!
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are toll, you have black fur on your chest, well, you are handsome man. ;-)

You are not a skunk. You are a cat; such cat as I saw in Tel Aviv ( there are amazing cats in the Middle East).
So you are big cat; intelligent, a bit distrustful and nimble.

First sunny Sunday in Warsaw since a long time; and I see that you are in a good mood too. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are flattering me! ;-)))

A cat? I'm just an old gray tomcat napping and dreaming in the sun. :-)

The first words I heard in college psychology class were "be skeptical". The first words I heard in my first journalism class were "be suspicious". I suppose I am a bit distrustful, particularly of public entities that shy away from scrutiny. :-)

I keep up with Warsaw weather on the weather page I use. As I write this it is 24C in your city. Tuesday should also be wonderful and sunny.

I am nearly always in a good mood; I have to work hard sometimes to mask it. ;-)

Pa

Mark said...

You showered at home, not at the creek.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Actually no; I needed a lead sentence that made sense. ;-)

Mark said...

I was just checking....

Blog Archive