Friday, June 19, 2009

In the Evening of Autumn


This is a copy of my second ever post to Loose Laces. It was published on January 8, 2006. I will leave it here for a few days.
----
In the Evening of Autumn

In the evening of Autumn, The Mother walked the path that is called Enlightenment, the sweet scents of roses and honeysuckle filling her mind with memories of everything good.

She rested by a still spring, the spring that is called Self, and dipped her finger into the water and her reflection remained pure.

Night, a time that is named Fear, would not encompass her on the path which lay before her; a path that is called Truth.

She rested on the breast of a mountain, the mountain that is called Life, and looked back at all her travels had encompassed and she saw that it was good; only misty clouds lingered on the far horizon.

She lifted her eyes to where the sun sets just beyond the mountain top, and the wind that is called Change gently urged her to continue her ascension, and her heart lifted, for she knew that soon she would stand astride the golden peak, the peak that is called Eternity, and her journey would end.

She said, This is also good, for I have been given life, and I have brought forth life ... life that is beauty and it shall carry me through the ages to come.

©2006 Ken Anderson

Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Perfect and truthful........

Very very well said.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.

Anonymous said...

Nicely that you have returned to your writing. This is beautiful and poetical story. Mother is a bit mythical character, and so evocative. She reminds me of walking figures (women) from Italian Renaissance painting I saw last year in Vatican Museum.

And I like a language a lot.

Anonymous said...

I based the this on some Hindu lore I once read. As you said, Mother is mythical and she is also a bit mystical. Think Hindu Veda (knowledge, wisdom), but it is open to interpretation.

Thanks, Jola.

Blog Archive