Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Peaceful, easy feeling ...


Today ... today we went to the mountains. Spending a few hours in the Clark's Creek area of Unicoi County sure helped clear up the hangover from last week's blog happenings. Losing someone I had called "friend" for the past three and one-half years was really rough on my already weakened spirit, but a lot of the disappointment was buried along the creek banks and amongst the trees of summer. If all goes well, early tomorrow morning we will be atop Roan Mountain. I hope to shake away more of the bad spirits I've accumulated over the past few months; if The Roan cannot do it, then I am a basket case.
----
A bad election has taken place in Iran, but in reality it is not as bad as the one that happened right here in our own little democracy in 2000. With our screwed up system of presidential elections, We The People allowed the Supreme Court to curtail the spirit of the Constitution and appoint our leader for the following four years; we stood by and did not even blink. That very same appointed leader was elected by us again in 2004, even after we had been shown proof that he was a liar, an election rigging thief, and had no respect for the wishes of anyone outside of Big Business. At least the people of Iran showed enough gumption to say 'no, we do not want this farce thrust upon us'. What did we do when our Constitution was ignored so many times during the eight Cheney/Bush years? Look at the state of affairs around our nation and that question will be answered. I hope The People of Iran have the resolve to make the change.
----
Finally!!! The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good idea this trip. Travelling and beautiful nature are like catharsis.

I have lost my on-line friend some months ago too. It was a misunderstanding between us; in my opinion not serious. Few days ago I wrote friendly email to him. Unfortunately he didn’t answer. Earlier he deleted his account in Internet (it was Polish web site). Sad.

Iran - yes, tragic situation. I follow these events too.


You are in a beautiful place. Have a wonderful rest, my friend.:-)

Anonymous said...

It was a short trip, but a very good one. I feel much better after parts of two days in the mountains; yes it is a catharsis.

Everything can be gotten over I suppose, but it was so unexpected. Very sad; for you and your friend and I and my friend.

Take care and I dearly hope you are feeling better.

Blog Archive