Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today I caught some flack from unexpected places because of my Sermon blog of a few days back. My comment box runneth over. Maybe my writing has gotten so bad that people do not understand what I was trying to say; religion need not be complicated. Anything other than what the bible teaches is not of Christ's doing; it is the the work of mankind. My personal opinion is that it is wrong to arbitrarily add to the work and words of Jesus.
----
It pisses me that even after I wrote in my blog this morning that Chris (my daughter) is sick and I am having to sit with her, they still selfishly choose to bring this down on me. It's ok though, at one time I was grilled for many hours by the experts from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and they did not break me, and neither will these folks whom take my words and make them say what they want. If I were out to make people mad, I could come down on religion in a severe way. A year or so ago I probably would have, but I try to learn as I live. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to add that I like tradition and rules of my church. It is not the truth that we – Catholics – do not let everyone take Communion as somebody wrote it there, in this blog. Nonsense.

Communion is the most important moment in order of our Mass. Very mystic and personal. Simultaneously we all feel at that moment that we are community. Church community is the most democratic community in the world. You must be 'clean' if you want take Communion. Of course if you are not 'clean' you can be with us, you are still our brother, but you shouldn't take communion.

Yes, it is such rule in my church. You must prepare yourself (in different ways: confession, penance ) for taking Communion. I sometimes participate in Mass and I do not take Communion, because I do not feel 'clean'. But I am happy when I see that other people do it. There is peace in their hearts and I appreciate it.

Due to Communion we are becoming a part of Jesus. So it is not trivial moment. It is great moment in our life.

That's all I wanted to add.
Peace.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

All churches seem to vary in the custom of communion; the one I attended practiced it each Sunday. Only those baptized in that denomination were supposed to partake.

It all gets confusing.

Blog Archive