Monday, June 01, 2009

June 1


This morning I was at about 80% of my normal 50% self, but have felt poorly again this afternoon; any improvement is a good improvement, I suppose. Carolyn is doing well except that her knee has gone bad again. She will finally see her orthopedic doctor on Thursday.
----
"In the Name of God" took another blow in Kansas this weekend. Faith based hate; is there any other kind?
----
I was on the porch fairly early this morning watching mama and poppa red-bellied woodpeckers feed their youngster. Very soon, there should be many robins, cardinals, and other perching-bird fledgelings and juveniles in the yard; the neighborhood cats will have their usual feast and torture sessions. Didn't get any decent photos as my 250mm lens just won't quite reach them in the treetops.
----

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mark said...

No baby woodpeckers here yet. But the two that seem to like it here have been very active.

Anonymous said...

I think these left the nest for good this morning.

Blog Archive