Friday, June 12, 2009

Pilfered


Someone stole Carolyn's debit card from her purse and cleaned out her business checking account. It apparently happened yesterday right here at home and by a close family member. The card was used at gas stations, restaurants, and a slew of times at a popular online gaming site World of Warfare, better known as WoW. There may be others yet to show up on her bank's web site. The card has been canceled, but a lot of damage has been done; I am not speaking of a few dollars or even a few hundred dollars. The account had tax money, insurance money, payroll money, and funds needed for other everyday business needs. The bank says they will replace the missing money, but it will be awhile before it is credited back to the account, and a lot of paperwork, hassle, and headaches have already been incurred, and plenty more will follow when she goes to the bank on Monday morning. We've been fighting this stuff since last night, both online and by phone; I am very tired. I haven't even thought about checking out the happenings on Flickr, Facebook, or anywhere else I generally frequent. I've not had time to read the newspaper; I need to check the obituaries and see if maybe I've died and gone to hell.

Man, I so badly want Carolyn to quit the business, but to do so will cost us our home for the past 15 years and a lot of other stuff. I understand her reluctance, but neither of us can have a minute's peace. Her income is drastically down, to the same level as 1998, and I see no use in prolonging the inevitable.
----
Aren't gasoline prices charming as they are quickly climbing; $3/gal. by Independence Day? Probably. Give 'em hell, Obama.



Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Mark said...

WTF. Thats just shitty in so many ways. I hope it all works out fine.

I feel for ya man.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn is a brave woman. I don't know her, but due to your different remarks I like her very much. If it really did someone of your family it would be sad; very sad.

Btw, I read obituaries in my Polish newspaper and there was nothing about Ken Anderson from East Tennessee. ;-)))

Have a nice weekend, my friend. Please, give my regard to Carolyn.
pa – j.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark.
We will survive; as always. :-)
The angst now comes from whether to prosecute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
If I did not make the Warsaw obits, I suppose I am good for awhile. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend in Warsaw or wherever you may roam.

Pa.

Blog Archive