Friday, August 28, 2009

Star-bellied

Carolyn is not quite as sore as she was, but she is still immobile except for struggling to the bathroom. She began her steroid treatment this morning and we should know by tomorrow if the pills will be effective. Both of us had a rough night, and I have been sluggish all day although I managed enough energy to get away for my shot. Again, thanks everyone for your concern, well wishes, and kind words.
----
I haven't been much able to keep up with things going on in the world. Michael Jackson's death is now being called a homicide, but I don't really care. Senator Ted Kennedy died and is being mourned by the liberals. He--a star-bellied Sneetch--did a lot of good things while Senator, but that was his job. I--a plain-bellied Sneetch--did a lot of good things as an electrician, but it was my job (thanks for the green eggs and ham, Tammy). A lot of the things he is being praised for are deeds he thought about doing but never got around to seeing them through. He introduced a national healthcare reform bill many years ago, but never did push it except when it was popular to do so. The Chappaquiddick incident still lingers in my mind as the one thing that defined him as a person, and it is a test he failed miserably. Money talks, and Kennedy money literally shouts across the state of Massachusetts. I hope to write more about my Kennedy clan thoughts later on.
----
My internet time has been reduced to almost nil. Carolyn is not one bit demanding, but everything I do while standing has to be done slowly and with one hand. Taking care of both of our needs is time consuming, but I do not have anything else I would rather be doing.
----

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family of Kennedy was v. popular in my country in 60's when I was a little girl. For people who were forced to live in a communistic system, so strange for them, this family of born politicians (and so handsome men) was symbol of modern and free world. My grandfather loved discuss all these matters; well, being a little girl I didn’t understand too much.
I'm interested in your thoughts about Kennedy clan.

Have a good weekend, Ken. Simply good. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

The Kennedy family is an enigma, I think. I will post more later.

Have a happy weekend, my friend. :-)

PS: I got your note and will answer asap. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Janis. Thanks. :-)

Blog Archive