Thursday, August 20, 2009

Docs and books




Carolyn had a doctor's appointment this morning and came back with a clean bil of health and a nearly clean checking account. Although she gets medical stuff done at reduced costs because she has no insurance, it is still out of reason.
----
It's been a hard day at the office. I am finding the migration from Windows to Linux becoming easier. Most of the day was spent working with GnuCash, a finance and accounting program that will allow me to do everything QuickBooks does, although there is a learning curve. I will be using both my old Windows XP and Linux until the first of the year, then I plan for it to be all Linux. One thing though, I will never be comfortable with the Gimp like I was with Paintshop Pro.

I booted the old machine into Windows to copy some things I needed from there, and first thing I saw when I logged on was a warning that my anti-virus program hasn't been updated for several days. I damn sure do not miss stupid stuff like that when booting Linux.

I haven't even had time to read the obits today; I may be dead. Haven't looked at my online comics either; after the obits I generally begin the day by reading The Born Loser and wind up with classic Calvin and Hobbes.
----
Well, back to learing the finer points of GnuCash.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive