Monday, August 17, 2009

Sight seeing



Last evening we had another of those downpours that prove the Johnson City Development Authority is an useless entity. Thirty plus years of authorizing, talking, planning, promising, consulting, committeeing, spending, and tearing down some of the city's best heritage buildings have done nothing to alleviate downtown flooding. If these jerks have a plan, I'd sure as hell like to know what it is. No, I take that back; to know would just make me more nauseous.
----
Healthcare in America; bought and paid for by big business as usual.

The score:
Sarah Palin - 1: Barack Obama - 0.

I wonder if these "well meaning" people understand or have even read the preamble to the American Constitution, especially the phrase "Promote the general welfare"? "We the People" means ALL the people, not just the wealthy and powerful.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
----
On a more religious subject:

Diagonally across the street from me lives four college girls; as young and as pretty as they come. One of them has taken on a habit of walking around naked in front of her bathroom window which faces my house and can easily be seen from where I sit in the office. With strong binoculars, she should be able to see what I am writing. I have taken on a habit of making sure my window is as clean as possible, and I am so tickled my eyes are becoming well. I wonder if she would close her shades if she knew a drooling, super-horny old man was catching an occasional peek of her goodies, and actually I think she knows what she is doing. Because of trees and shrubbery (see photo), the only view of her window is in a straight line from my window, and I know if I can see her, she can also see me if she has looked out the window, and I also know she has done so. Oh, my ... excuse me while I find the bottle of Windex and remove my nose prints from the pane.

Why did I say "On a more religious subject"? I understand that these young ladies are part of a Christian sorority on campus.
----

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the story of the naked girls. Don't you just LOOOVE how ordinary, sometimes naughty even, folks will hide behind the term "Christian?" Like that word excuses any bad behaviors, thoughts, desires, or just crazy random acts of FUN? It makes me sick. I once was a young flirty thing and I would be willing to bet that little chicka is totally aware! I'm buying some stock in Windex.

Anonymous said...

LOL! People are going to be people I suppose. The girls do not have many wild parties as did the guys whom lived there before them. It takes a lot of things going on to keep this crazy world going 'round.
Thanks, Tammy.

Mark said...

Ha. I wish they lived across the street from me. The little things that make us happy.

Anonymous said...

We men aren't hard to please. :-)

Blog Archive