Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MS+OS=Mess




One thing for very sure, Microsoft does not like Linux. For near two weeks I have been trying to make some version of MS Windows install and work on my new pc build. I went as far as spending three hours downloading the pre-release version of the new Windows 7, and it will not install. Apparently they all must be gagging on any Linux residue I've left on the machine. Actually, it has nothing to do with what I have installed on my computer. MS is so scared that someone will steal a copy of their bloatware that they are making it almost impossible for do-it-yourselfers like me to use their products. They wonder why people are switching to Linux. Like a lot of folk, I hope Google's Chrome based OS will soon be ready for public consumption; it could very well be the death knell for Windows on the desktop.

Sooner or later I will find a hack to make one or another of the Windows work, but until then, I will be switiching between computers.
----
My eyesight is coming and going; I had four very good days, but the past three have been so-so at best. It will probably be cold weather before the allergies all go away. I have been able to make a few photos and upload some to Flickr, this blog, and the new photo site, but I cannot jump into anything with enthusiasm due to not knowing how long I will be able to see well enough.
----
The last of the true televisioin journalists are dieing, and with them go the best years of tv news coverage. Walter Cronkite passed just a month ago, Robert Novak died yesterday, and now Don Hewitt is gone. I respeced all three of these men, although I did not always agree with them, Mr. Novak in particular.
----
Michael Jackson--a real nobody muiscally--died and was mourned by the world. A true musician and musical pioneer died and most people in the world do not know he even existed. Les Paul was real man.


2 comments:

Mark said...

You are right about Linux giving MS headaches. Imagine if the masses started switching in real large numbers.

Too bad the old media guard is passing away. The new media is a shell of what it once was.

People who actually know music will mourn Les Paul. He truly changed music wit his inventions and innovations.

Anonymous said...

I remember when Les Paul and Mary Ford had their tv spot; she was a good singer and he was always doing something new with chords.

Blog Archive