Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Monday ... if that is not an oxymoron




Sunshine today; it has been rare for the past week and it gives me a feel good all over tingle. I remember last year when the drought was a major problem, but with all the rain this year, dry ground is hard to find. Hope it doesn't mean a lot of snow this winter. My grandma based her snow predictions on August fogs; the more fog the more snow. I am proud to say I've not seen one fog this entire month. Of course sleeping until 9:00am isn't conducive to the study of morning atmospheric phenomena.
----
Have you ever gone a whole day without thinking about having sex? Me neither. Scares me just thinking about not thinking about it.
----
I spent a lot of Sunday learning to use GIMP. It is a difficult program to master some of the simple stuff, and I will never be able to make it dance like I did with Paintshop Pro. Of course I learned PsP over a period of 15 years, and I will be fertilizer on a mountainside before that much time rolls around again.
----


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really happy Monday, sunny, dry, with thinking about having sex.;-) You are funny Ken if you think that somebody is ready to answer frankly for your question. In my opinion it's v. intimate matter.

This is an oxymoron and v. good phrase: happy Monday. Good to be a new password in office pc. :-)

Anonymous said...

It was meant to amuse whomever read it. :-)

Of course it is intimate, but it did make you think about it for a moment. A man would come nearer answering the question than would a woman. ;-)

Only when I feel good do I write things like that. :-)

Happy Tuesday, Jola. :-)

Anonymous said...

You can be sure that you amused me. I appreciate you good sense of humor. ;-)
I had good day today too (in Warsaw is now 9.00 pm). I stayed at home so I could watch film recorded on DVD. "Trainspotting" . V. interesting in my opinion, Britain, made in 90's, not commercial!
Do you know it?
Wonderful characters and actors, and v. interesting visual side of this movie, and of course wonderful music. Everything a bit crazy.

Usually I watch film and I do an ironing. There is still a lot of ironing at home, so I know a lot of films.;-))
Happy Wednesday, Ken!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I hve seen Trainspotting several times; I like it a lot. :-)

I used to do some ironing when I was working away from home. It is not too bad a job, but I didn't have a lot of clothes to iron. :-)

Happy Wednesday to you, Jola. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like cleaning my flat and I like doing an ironing. It is a kind of relax for me after my intense work in office.
I has just read about Carolyn, your Thursday remarks(27 August). It’s so sad. Be strong, my friend. You both have to be strong. Illness of spouse is usually v. difficult experience. I know it v. well. :-(
My hug to you. Pa!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, Jola. :-)

Blog Archive