Monday, August 10, 2009

Days of the Dog



Dog Days end today after a successful worldwide tour and sold-out performances. I felt like an old, worn out mongrel for most of August. I am considering going for my bath one evening this week; I will try using Tide instead of lye soap. I spotted a promising pool at a creek in Carter County and may give it a try this time. It appears to be suitable for a bubble bath, and fortunately after dining on beans and ham for a couple of days, I should be able to create my own scented bubbles. If anyone wants to join me for a bit of recreational skinny-dipping fun, let me know and I will tell you the time and place (wink-wink). I love the life of a hillbilly.
----
Chris is working in the produce department at Wal-Mart in Elizabethton, but the "new" Ashley furniture store never did call JJ to work after promising him a job.
----
Carolyn is threatening to trade me in for a new model while the "Cash for Clunkers" government program is going on. I tried to explain it is for cars, but I believe she is shopping around and trying to better herself in the spouse department.
----
I am learning to use the G.I.M.P. photo editor, and the above pic was processed from a single .jpg using a tone mapping script. It did wonders for the clouds and opened up the shadows. This was uploaded at 85 percent quality. I like it.
----


No comments:

Blog Archive