Thursday, August 13, 2009

Away

I will be offline for a bit while I install Vista and other software. I need someone to hold my hand as I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Microsoft; I fear evil! My cup runneth over with trepidation! Sob-sob! "I have fought the good fight ... "

Bye; Pa; Shalom ...
----
Well, all my fears came true. I still have no Windows Vista to use. The install cd is not even recognized by my computer. All flavors of Linux are recognized, but not the ratty Microsoft Windows. I even swapped out cd drives to see if that was the problem, but it was not. I have another trick I want to try and it is very time consuming and a big pain in the ass, but I have little choice. Seems very odd, actually. After several failures, I put the cd in my laptop and it was recognized and offered to load Vista. I tried an old copy of Windows XP and the pc offered to load it. No wonder people are turning to FREE and USEABLE Linux and Mac OS's. Now I have to get the old pc running again so I can do Carolyn's business stuff.
----
How has your day been?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bye, pa and shalom, ale tylko na krótko, mam nadzieję.
Do not be afraid, I hold your hand. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
I'm afraid you would have had to hold your ears if you had been here, but I have settled down now. ;-)))

Maggie said...

I turn into a bowl of jelly at the mere thought of loading an O/S, any O/S.

Hope your new plan goes well. Well, operate on the laptop and linux until October and the new -- probably just as nasty windoz?

all the best

Anonymous said...

Nothing worked and I've made arrangements for an exchange with Amazon.
Thanks, Maggie.

Anonymous said...

I have Vista in my new laptop. Well, in my opinion Window XP is more comfortable, so v. often I use computer of D.; it still has Windows XP.

My yesterday day was good, and today (friday) I can stay at home. It's my free day, a kind of holiday, so I'm happy.

Pa, Ken. My kiss for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.

I like XP, but MS will probably quit supporting it soon after the new Win7 is released. It will not be as secure then.

Happy you have a day off; Friday is the best day of the week for missing work.

A kiss for you, too.

Blog Archive