Monday, August 09, 2010

Wayward robins

Robin's on Roan
It may be hotter than having sex with Satan in Bakersfield, but signs of autumn are everywhere. Afternoon shadows are becoming longer much earlier as the sun hurries its southward journey. Poplar and sumac trees are shedding brown and green leaves but the most telling sign is robins have all but ceased their morning songs and are en masse combing the neighborhood yards for worms and bugs before facing the migration to the Gulf coast. In another two weeks, all the locals will be gone and only a few passers-by from farther north will momentarily stop by for a snack and a drink of water. For myself, it is the saddest and most melancholy time of year. Winters have been difficult for many years and I have considered migrating further south yet the lingering problem of leaving these hills persists to the point I would rather take a chance on one of our dreadful winters killing me than live longer and continuously pine for the highlands from the distant environs of a milder clime.
----
Megashot is reaching more of the designer's goals as additional features are being put into place. It is taking on an aura of maturity but I hope it never grows up like some other similar sites have done. Actually, there are no other similar sites on the net; Megashot is unique in its ability to adapt itself to the needs and whims of each member's desire to represent and present himself or herself in the best way possible. The e-commerce will soon be up and running, and it will be easy to use something like Google's Adsense or other advertisements to create a bit of income for each person's site if they so desire. I am looking forward to each of us having our personal storefront to place for sale anything we like as long as it is legal. I don't have much to sell, but I do like to see what others have; it is much like going to a yard sale just to see how the neighbors live by viewing their personal stuff.
---
The photo is of a find by Carolyn of a new art gallery and art retail store in JC.
----
Have a wickedly wonderful worsh day!
----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been here so long (there was not Internet access in my hotel room in London). I love when different melancholic tones appear in your writing.
Yes, there is a certain measure of sadness in nature in August.

Your Birthday self-portrait is so nice. I wish you all the best, my friend.
xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola and welcome back.

My birthday portrait is me making fun of myself as I intrude through a strange doorway. I actually got quite wet from rain while making the photo. :-)

Mark said...

Well not sure where my earlier post went.

Anyhow the days have been hot but the heat is not lasting as long each day.

I suspect Cyrus must be happy right now. Megashot has made some great advances recently. I like what I see.

Anonymous said...

They must be working on Blogger; it has been erratic for awhile.

Yeah, that is another way to look at the shorter days.

Cyrus is happy, I think. Megashot is finally becoming what he envisioned it to be and even more.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive