Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Android

Bracket fungi disguised as pancakes


Some folk including myself are wondering when the Google Operating System will be released on the public. It is my personal opinion that it is already in the wild, disguised as Android OS for smartphones. It is not only very successful in the wireless market, it operates much the same as I imagine the Google Chrome OS will do. If I had bendable fingers, I would think about investing in one; it takes good digits to properly operate one the devices. I already have Google Voice, Gmail, and Google Docs easily accessible, so setting them up on a mobile platform should be easy as typing my logon name and password. Microsoft will dominate the desktop for a few more years, but I see Google eventually replacing them in that area. The only thing I can see that will stop the Google machine is if it gets too big for its britches and tries to dominate users like Microsoft once did. Google Android and Chrome are open source and do not depend so much on someone buying the OS, but on Google's longtime and proven money making strategy; delivering targeted advertisements.
----
Things over on Megashot are still running smoothly and there has been a surge in membership the past two days. We still need a lot more people participating in the contests; I thought I was going to have a second place winner but it has since been bumped; c'est la vie! Anyway, a lot more people seem to be playing the Explore feature as well they should; it is an important part of the Megashot experience. The Critique corner is also doing well; I try to keep up with what is going on there but I don't offer much in critiquing as I know so little about the technical part of photography. I like what I like.
----
This video should go hand-in-hand with the one Mark posted on his blog:

----
When you wish the weekend was already here, you are wishing your life away ... damn, ain't it Friday yet!
----
Have a Tuesday!
----

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing. Very nice. I've been thinking of Mark's blog all morning. I wish all could see it. my heart aches for the forgotten people of this land. Peace on This Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tammy.
I fear that soon common people like us will be the forgotten ones; we are all most that way now except at election time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Really good photos of Indians (also these posted on Mark's blog). I heard ( and read) about economic problems of such closed communities; a kind of their social degradation.
Both videos are v. interesting. Thanks for them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
The treatment of these people is the Great American Shame.

Mark said...

Truly is the Great American Shame.

The government will not be happy until they do not exist anymore.

Thank you for posting the video with those pictures. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark

Blog Archive