Sunday, August 29, 2010

From around the net ...

Fall Branch, Tenn.
Paris Hilton booked for the third time before her 30th birthday. I bet she has learned her lesson by now: the mega-wealthy can do whatever they want and whenever they want. But then, so can the mega-poor; we just can't buy our way out of it.
----
Seven more American troops were killed in a forsaken hell hole called Afghanistan:
----
West Virginia governor wins Democratic primary to run for U.S. Senate. Same old same old! Americans will never learn as long as they have their heads in the kitty-litter box. Follow the money trail, folks ...
----
Another of the "old school" reporters who put people and stories first and never succumbed to media glitter has died. Jules Loh was a retired features writer for the Associated Press and passed away at age 79. He was a wonderful humanist.
----
As for my delicate self, my wrist refuses to get well and if not for using a brace, I would be unable to type these golden words. My knee has further weakened as my preponderant sitting sessions is reducing me to a bowl of jelly but the good thing about that is, I'm still sweet like the concord grape delight.
----
I gotta go with Carolyn to work for awhile but y'all have a great Sunday!
----


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your golden words our very sweet friend...;-), and this beautiful video.
xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jola.
The words are more like tarnished brass, I think. :-)

Mark said...

You need a vacation in a little motel on the beach to just sit and bake in the sun and put your toe in the water or sit in a pool.

It will do wonders for body and soul.

Tammy said...

I think all the flowers have gone to Maggie's garden.
Sweet harmony for my Monday morning.
Hope your body parts start behaving soon. I'm still stick and think I have a upper respiratory infection. I'm working on fixing it w/ my herbal remedies and so hope to avoid a doc visit.
Almost time to plant swiss chard and garlic. Lets see what the week brings us.

Anonymous said...

Mark, you are correct about me needing some down time; the last vacation we had was in 1964 and ever since it has been near-constant working for Carolyn or me. I think I am ready for the beach; the only time I ever saw the ocean was in 1963 at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware and I was so home sick for the hills it did not impress me nor did I enjoy it. I need to shuck off some of my hillbilly for a few days, put my teeth in my mouth, and get out into the real world. Probably ain't going to happen, though.

Thanks, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Good and correct thinking about the flowers, Tammy.

I have mixed feelings concerning home remedies vs a visit to the doc. Both can be costly in one way or another; use common sense and balance your wellness regimen.
Green tea fixes a lot of things.

Hope all goes well with your health and your planting. People here are getting ready to sow turnip seeds.

Thanks, Tammy.

Blog Archive