Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jola vacationed in London
Thanks for the card, my friend

Robins have moved on to a warmer climate, and if I had any sense I would do the same. Insanity is rampant in my family and I am the craziest of the lot; I will tough out another winter here and end up being the worse for it. Speaking of changing seasons, this summer has quickly turned autumn-like. It is actually possible to once again sit on the porch for the entire day. College football gets into full swing in just more than a week from now. Tiny black crickets are everywhere as they usually are in late August, chirping continuously from dawn until dusk. I think they time their annual appearance to coincide with the robins leaving; if not, many would be fuel for the bird migration. In early to mid-October, the northern raptors will be filling the sky as they journey to the land of easier pickings. Many of our hawks, particularly the big red-tails, will hang around all winter dining on unwary cardinals, blue jays, and fat squirrels from around my bird feeders.
----
Mosque.
I am not much of a knee-jerk conspiracy theorist, but in the case of the NYC Mosque, I do believe there is a real conspiracy. You will not make me believe that the people behind the idea of a Mosque in the vicinity of Ground Zero did not realize from the get-go that there would be an extremist Christian, Jewish, and "patriotic" uproar. I don't know whom is behind it; it could be anyone including Christians, Moslems, Jews, or some kind of nut group. Something stinks in Manhattan. The Mosque must be built or a building converted or whatever the plans are if the people behind it wish it to be so. Freedom of Religion must be preserved.
----
Got the monthly water/sewer/garbage collection bill yesterday. When we moved into this house in 1994, the total was about $8.50 per month; now, it $45. That is about a 500 percent increase in 16 years. Something stinks in Johnson City, too.
----
Happy Wednesday!
----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many mosques are in NYC. If there is not enough place for Muslims for their praying and being together as a religious community, yes, they should built a new mosque, however I still think that it shouldn't be too much close to Ground Zero. Muslims should respect a pain of these all families which lost there their relatives, and they should understand a sort of oversensitivity of these people. And if all these people are really the victims of great manipulation, it’s really sad!

Ken ... I like way you are describing for us all changes in nature. As for crickets, I remember them from Crete. I could hear their chirping when I was at the beach, too. I even asked for them a man who rented us deck chairs. It was a nice man, and polite, unfortunately he could say in English only the price of my coffee. Hehehe ;-))

I'm happy that you like the card from London. You can't see it, but I smile at you, my friend. :-)
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,

There are probably many Mosques in NYC, but the problem is; if this was a proposed Christian church, it is doubtful there would have been anything said. Another thing, not counting the terrorists, there were several Muslims killed in the attack; people working or visiting inside the towers. Many more worked there and could have been killed. The attacks were not Muslim against the USA; it was attacks of hatred by people who happened to call themselves Muslim; religion had nothing to do with it except give the cowards a way to convince other people to also hate freedom loving people everywhere.

The crickets are another of the "signs" my grandmother used to read from nature; lots of crickets means harsh winter. :-(

I think the American dollar is the universal language that most people worldwide understand. I even have one of my own! :-)

Thank you for the card and for your smile, young lady. :-)

Blog Archive