Saturday, August 28, 2010

Old Farts and Fridays

Grover

Yesterday was spent doing little; I had to wear a wrist brace that was a bit too small and it kept me in a foul mood all day long. Carolyn had to go out so I hitched a ride to get my shot; I could probably have driven but the world doesn't need another semi-invalid old coot driving on the worst traffic day of the week. Johnson City is small city in many ways, but on Friday afternoons it has some big-city traffic problems. To compound the insanity, our greedy conservative leaders have installed ticket-writing cameras at the busiest intersections. If said cameras have stopped a few minor accidents from occurring by curbing "yellow light running", they have sure caused a lot of extra sitting and waiting as confused and timid old farts suddenly throw on their brakes as the lights change from green to yellow while they are in mid-intersection. The city and the company that installed and maintains the system are reaping huge profits as are the auto-body shops that get to repair the rear-end collisions. My auto insurance rate also took a hefty increase this year.
----
I've been a life long country boy and have been around many ground hogs, but until I met Grover (photo above), I did not know they could climb trees.
----
Have a Saturday and remember: Make love not war!
----

1 comment:

Mark said...

I never knew they could climb trees.

Red light dramatically stop people running red lights, but also cause a huge increase in rear end accidents. They are also getting tested in court and have been pulled from many places. Too much big brother.

Blog Archive