Thursday, August 19, 2010

Laid back

You see it just as I saw it

Nothing of importance happening today; at least in my little corner of the cosmos. Carolyn has gone to buy supplies for the business; I am minding the fort because I cannot walk very far, particularly on concrete floors. Gives me a good reason to stay out of such places but I used to find excuses for a good rant in about any of them. Five years ago, a five gallon bucket of wax at Sam's Club cost about $32 plus 9.5% sales tax; it is now $69 plus tax. She decided not to renew her $35 annual club membership this year; she has been a member since 1995. Actually, there is not a lot of things to be bought at Sam's that cannot be purchased cheaper elsewhere but it takes a little more shopping. Like Wal-Mart, it has a plethora of imports from China, and many lack any kind of quality. Anyway, she went to Home Depot for floor wax to use this weekend, and to K-Mart for some paper and toilet supplies.
----
Have a Thursday!
----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my shops Carefree and Auchan (this last name means Sparrow; this is French net of shops, however there are here rather Polish items).
In my little corner of cosmos we complain about prices too. As for food, its variety and its quality (and prices of it)shops in Warsaw are much better than in London. :-)
xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry I wanted to write: Carrefour (not carefree). French word, so I made a mistake.

I wonder how to call in English very, very, very big shop... Hm!

Mark said...

I like that VW. I think I need a van.

Anonymous said...

Sparrow is a good name for a a nice experience, even shopping. Most of the small goods that were once made in US are now brought in from the Orient and southern Asia.
For big stores, we usually just add "Super" before the regular name. I don't know if there is any one English word for a large store.

Thanks, Jola.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the VW Micro-bus was the defining car of the hippie generation. You would look and probably feel at home in one if Tammy's description of you being a modern hippie is correct. I can't see you in a mini-van, though; too domestic. We have slept in Carolyn's work vans on camping trips. They are very handy.

Thanks, Mark.

Blog Archive