Tuesday, August 10, 2010


Thanks to you who clicked on the ads yesterday; I made nearly three dollars from Google through your kind help. It may not sound like much, but just a couple of bucks a day for a year will go a long way to help my cause which is to become a better photographer. As I write this I see an ad on the blog for Sigma lenses and I can vouch for the quality of their 105mm macro lens; it is tack sharp, light weight, and easy to use. Maggie also has ads on her blog and if any of you are interested in gardening and travel, give her My Garden a look and click an ad while you are there. How come I all of a sudden feel like Billy Mays? Only $19.99 Plus s&h.
----
Today marks the end of Dog Days for 2010 and they have been mostly typical of seasonal weather conditions. It has been very hot, humid, with unsettled patterns of warm and cold fronts flitting through. Sure beats hell out of winter!
----
I feel pretty good. Heart doc said I should get a blood pressure monitor to use at home and gave me a prescription for such, saying my insurance would pay for most of it. Bought one at the pharmacy, the pharmacist filled out the necessary reimbursement papers, and I called Medicare to get an address for sending them. Medicare man said they do not pay for BP monitors unless it is for dialysis. So I am out $69.95, a fact that made my blood pressure go from 125/80 to 131/77. Now I have to dig out my Medicare book and see if their man is lying or if the doc and pharmacist are mistaken in their belief the insurance covers the contraptions.
----
Have a Wednesday!
----

8 comments:

Mark said...

Christ, you are going to end up buying some stuff advertised on your blog.

Fall is around the corner and I for one will be happy about it, for this year anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I can't even click on my own page ads without being scolded by Google; I will probably block them so I won't be tempted.

I like fall; it just doesn't last long enough.

Thanks, Mark.

Tammy said...

We better get clickin on those ads to help pay for your BP monitor. The health care system is broken and splinters of it are stuck in our bare feet. I've typed for doctors/hospitals/outpatient clinics, etc for 13 years now and I am seriously considering jumping ship and going over to the homeopathic /naturalistic way of taking care of my illnesses. Shoot, Mike can probably even make me a splint if I break something. Scaming bastards.

good tunes. I'll put it on my iPod.

Anonymous said...

It is always something with doctors and medical stuff when you get old. Take care of yourself now and the process won't be so bad when it comes your time. Drink plenty of green tea; that stuff is a wonder drug if you will drink 8-to-10 cups a day (or eight bags in one strong cup) and give it time to work. Wooden rulers make fine splints. :-)

Thanks, Tammy.

Tammy said...

I also like the Johnny Cash version of this song...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too. I also thought about using the new Blues Bros. video version but it is sucky in the vocal department.

Mark said...

Well I vote for the Outlaws version myself. Guitar army of the Outlaws bring back memories of high school keg parties.

Anonymous said...

That was "go to the mountains and drink beer" music for us.

Blog Archive