Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Story telling




Yesterday I drove Carolyn to the market on 107; she bought us another bushel of potatoes and a few tomatoes. She raised three tomato plants in flower planters this summer, and the fruit all ripened while she was sick or in hospital. They were the sweetest tomatoes I have ever eaten.
----
She went to the hair dresser today for the first time in a month; until she becamet sick, she went every Wednesday. She should be able to drive the car by next Wednesday, and I can stay at home, although I am able to get out and get a few photos while she is being beautified. I went into downtown Jonesborough, but it was mostly a waste of time. They have huge tents set up everywhere they can find a flat place that is big enough, meaning mostly parking lots. The town is hosting its annual Story Telling Festival, and thousands of people from around the world will be on the streets this weekend for the event. The greatest folklore and story tellers in the world appear on the stages for three days beginning Friday. There will be many street-booth vendors to go along with the many small shops the historic district has to offer. It is a fun place to spend the first weekend in October each year.
----
I went for my appointment with my heart doctor and I was in the waiting room and exam room for nearly two hours ... waiting. When I did see the doc, it was for just over one minute. I do not have another appointment with him for six months. Somehow, it just don't seem worth the effort for me to go.
----


2 comments:

Tammy said...

Morning! The story telling festival sounds great, wish I was closer. Glad to hear your yang half is starting to feel well enough to move with the flow of life again. Weather here the past few days has been so lovely, house is open, and breezes blowing. I have increased the peanut ration for my squirrels out back and have noticed more hawks in the trees around here, go figure. I may be doing more harm to them than good.

If you are interested in "meeting me" I'll be performing on "Airborne with Matt Jeffs" this Sat 8 a.m. on WFOY 1240 radio St. Aug, it is a live feed to the internet. Then you will truly know that I have no stars on my belly! he does have archives if you aren't an early riser.

how did Carolyn's hair turn out?

Peace, have a lovely weekend. Tammy

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Tammy.

The weather here has been so mixed; I put on long pants for the first time since April.

At one time, I was feeding at least 24 squirrels, and had them all named. On the coldest mornings, some of them would come in the house and eat their peanuts. A little mess was worth it.

I will definitely look for you Saturday morning, or at least on an archive.

I am surprised at how well Carolyn's hair turned out. At least I do not have to listen to her about her gray. :-)

Have a great weekend yourself. :-)

Blog Archive