Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chwila

Chwila/Moment

A friend living in Warsaw Poland sent me a book of poems written by Wistawa Szymborska, a citizen of her homeland. It is a small book, at least in its physical size, and each poem is presented in Polish and translated to English; two languages side-by-side complimenting and agreeing, which in its own way is poetic. The poetry of this work far transcends the size of the pages, each poem is beautiful in simplicity and insight.

EVERYTHING

Everything -
a bumptious, stuck-up word.
It should be written in quotes.
It pretends to miss nothing,
to gather, hold, contain, and have.
While all the while it's just
a shred of gale.

Beautiful in simplicity and insight ...
Thank you so very much my friend Jola.
----

Mohandas Gandhi quotes:


I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian.

My effort should never be to undermine another's faith but to make him a better follower of his own faith.

I consider western Christianity in its practical working a negation of Christ’s Christianity.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
~Mohandas Gandhi
----
----
More quotes from the American Taliban:

















"We had lost the fight for the preservation of the white race until God him
self intervened in earthly affairs with AIDS to rescue and preserve the white race that he had created.... I praise God all the time for AIDS."

"AIDS is a racial disease of Jews and Niggers, and fortunately it is wiping out the queers. I guess God hates queers for several reasons. There is one big reason to be against queers and that is because every time some white boy is seduced by a queer into becoming a queer, means his white bloodline has run out."
~J.B. Stoner
**********
"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters."

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."
~Reverend Jerry Falwell
**********
"The New York Times and Washington Post are both infested with homosexuals themselves. Just about every person down there is a homosexual or lesbian."

"All Latins are volatile people. Hence, I was not surprised at the volatile reaction."

"Your tax dollars are being used to pay for grade-school classes that teach our children that cannibalism, wife-swapping and murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior."

"Homosexuals are weak, morally sick wretches."
~Jesse Helms (North Carolina Republican)
----

4 comments:

Mark said...

The quote from Ghandi is about as perfect a statement as I have heard about our Christians.

It also makes me very sad when I really think about it.

Anonymous said...

To American fundamentalists, Gandhi was nothing but a heathen trouble maker. Yes, he was very wise.

Tammy said...

It would be interesting to see what kind of skeletons are in the closet of these hate mongers... at the very least child abuse should be counted if one is teaching such putrid hate to a child. The photo of the children holding the signs makes me cry. It is the true corruption of an innocent soul, the brainwashing and raping of a true being. Yet another generation of christians to "spread the word".

Give us some happy thoughts Ken to balance out these sad, angry ones. There is still hope where there is light and good people around to pass the candle. I'll bring a lighter...
Peace. Tammy

Anonymous said...

These people are much worse than Hitler's Nazis. I am very much against capital punishment, but stuff like this has me wondering.

I will try to find some happy thoughts, Tammy.
Thanks.

Blog Archive