Saturday, September 19, 2009

Days are special

Avast freebooters! Capt'n Lame Shoe and cockswain Mud Salt 'ere. We and a few leagues worth of other sea knaves and wenches ere markin' "Talk Like a Pirate Day". It be best ye follow alike or ye mite earn a Jolly Roger run up a hole where they be no flag pole. Argh! Be warned! It'll be the hempen halter for all ye scurvy dogs who get catched by the King's lubbers; this tisn't the flibustler, ye know. So come on ye picaroons and scalawags; grasp ye duffles and up to the poop where extra rations of salmagundi and grog be prepared.
----
Happy Birthday to Fred and daughter Vanessa, and Happy Anniversary to Fred and wife Alice. Fred liked to keep things compact and tidy, so he arranged for all these special occasions to occur on the same date. After wiling away many evenings playing and losing deuces-wild poker with him, I believe he could use sheer will power to make these things happen. Before he passed more than 29 years ago, he was a special friend and I still turn to his wisdom for guidance.
----
The Smoking Gun's Mugshots of the Week!
----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend!
I miss you a bit on Flickr; however I know you are busy now.
Have a wonderful Sunday, sunny and warm as it is still in Warsaw (the end of summer, the beginning of autumn)
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,
I saw your new photos, but was pressed for time, But I shall return.
Pa with hugs. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Birthday and anniversary wishes. Tell Carolyn Happy late Birthday. I was out of town all of last week.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear Alice. I will tell Carolyn. I thought maybe you were away for awhile. :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are taking from time to time your own shots too; however I know you can’t left home now and you have many duties.
I also photograph things which are close to my house and I do it only on weekend. Light and colours of early autumn are so charming.
Take care of yourself and Carolyn.
J.

Blog Archive