Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Carolyn is doing very well this morning now that she realizes she is healing as expected. I will try to carry dirty clothes to the basement so she can wash them; she knows about mysterious white clothes and colored clothes segregation. My main task now will be trying to keep her from doing too much.
----
I just added my new poetry book to my reading list on Shelfari, an online book club. If people are honest about what they say they like to read, one can get a good insight into their personality. If any of you like to read, I will be very happy to have you as friends on Shelfari.
----
Computer operating systems have become too bloated and glitzy, and this applies to Ubuntu Linux, too. Seems like Microsoft, Apple, and Ubuntu are all trying to out do each other in the crap-that-looks-pretty-but-does-nothing-to-make-computing-safer-or-easier department. I hope the new Google Chrome OS doesn't fall into this same trap when it is released; if it is released.
----
Today is the first day of clear, blue skies we have experienced in some time, but there is a chance of T-storms later on. I always feel better on warm days such as this ... I think I may be coming back to life. Later, I hope to grab the Pentax and hobble out to the back yard and see if I can find anything to shoot. There is a bit of breeze so I will not mount the macro lens.
----
My friend Maggie has been posting a lot of photos from her trip across part of the Canadian plains. She has really grown in her photographic abilities since I met her on Flickr more than two years ago. She was very good then, but now she is great but too modest to admit it.
----
Mark (yankeepez) is doing some wonderful work, too. Here is a link to one of his latest black and white photos. It is art from top to bottom and side to side.
----
Carolyn said to say thanks for the birthday card, Alice. She has it sitting with the ones from the kids and beside the empty place where she would have put the one I forgot to buy her.
----
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill
----

6 comments:

Mark said...

Thank you very much Ken.

Hopefully you were able to get some pictures.

I expect Google Chrome will be very user friendly when they release it. It should be a wake up call to all others.

Add me to Shelfari, please.

Anonymous said...

Have you signed up with Shelfari? I will need your user name and email address that you give them.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to read that you are in so good mood. Nice!
Shelfari is rather for such such person as you are Ken, and your American friends; neverthless it's worth knowing about this online club.
Pa, my sweet friend.:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jola.

Two others besides me whom are club members have read Moment, but I do not yet know who they are. I have only one friend there, but I haven't heard from her in may months. :-(

Pa, dear friend. :-)

Maggie said...

Hi Ken

Thanks for the mention.
I had a look at the book club but could not find you. I am, as ususl, too damn busy right now... as I run out the door on another car club adventure.

I am so glad to see that you and Carolyn are doing much better.

take care

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie,
I may have misled you; the book just belongs to me. I definitely ain't a poet. :-(
Things are smoothing out at home, and I am feeling better about Carolyn.

Have fun. :-)

Blog Archive