Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

More quotes from The American Taliban:

"Don't use the word 'gay' unless it's an acronym for 'Got Aids Yet'"
~Bob Dornan (California Republican)
****
"There should be absolutely no 'Separation of Church and State' in America."

~David Barton (Wallbuilders)
****
"Sodomy is a graver sin than murder. – Unless there is life there can be no murder."

~David Trosch (Founder of Life Enterprises Unlimited and a suspended Roman Catholic Priest)
****
"Behind this judicial wall of separation there is a tyranny of lies that will fall... I say to you, my friends, let it fall!"


"A good butt-whipping and then a prayer is a wonderful remedy."
~Fob James (Governor of Alabama)
****
"If you got to castrate your miserable self with a piece of rusty barb wire, do it."

"Hear the word of the LORD, America, fag-enablers are worse than the fags themselves, and will be punished in the everlasting lake of fire!"

"You telling these miserable, Hell-bound, bath house-wallowing, anal-copulating fags that God loves them!? You have bats in the belfry!"

"American Veterans are to blame for the fag takeover of this nation. They have the power in their political lobby to influence the zeitgeist, get the fags out of the military, and back in the closet where they belong!"

"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."

~Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church)
****
If the above people are going to be in Heaven, please reserve me a seat on a hot rock in Hell.
----
It seems Obama is willing to continue the Bush administration's so called Patriot Act. I wonder what the Republicans are giving him in return for his support of that hateful piece of totalitarian legislation? It certainly isn't viable healthcare reform.
----
On the home front, Carolyn is doing ok. Her surgeon wanted to see her today, but the office refused to make her an appointment until the 22nd. We are trying to keep her wound clean and the dressing changed, but the skin around the staples and the drain tube is looking very angry. I hope they do not become infected before they are removed.

I have again delayed my knee replacement surgery for a few months. I am seriously becoming tired of using a cane; it has been several months since I was able to go without it.

The problem I had with Bank of America's ATM is ongoing. Carolyn has tried several times to to call the local branch, and finally got through to them on Monday. They told her she would have to make a physical apperance at the bank so they could talk about her problem. I emailed the the national customer service department and they told me there was nothing they could do but give me a number to call. Carolyn called it and it only gives her the account balance. That leaves us without two of her customer checks totalling $636, no way of getting the money for them, and my debit card has been sucked up by a machine. Looks like it would be a simple matter for the local branch to mail the checks and card to us, or send us a letter letting us know they have them. This has been ongoing since Sept. 7; after 10 years with BoA, I think it is time to look for an new bank.

A note: BoA uses Brinks to service the atm machines, so it is a good possibility those missing checks are in some foreign country or in another city such as Atlanta.
----

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you afraid of this surgery? You shouldn't hesitate too much if this cane is so troublesome.
I'm sure it will help you, my friend. :-)
-----
These words about gays are strong and cruel. Were they spoken publicly? Well, it is spreading a social hostility. Sad.

Anonymous said...

No, not afraid. ;-)
I've had one knee replaced, both hips replaced, and part of a wrist replaced. Money is the problem. I had more than $2k saved for my knee fixing, but it has gone to Carolyn's doctors. Her surgeon cost $6.4k, and the hospital will probably be around $75k. The ambulance was $3k. She has no insurance, but I do. :-(

Yes, these tirades against gays were and are spoken publicly. Sadly, most gays in this country are still in the closet because of the bigotry and hatred these people spout forth on the floors of Congress and from church pulpits. :-(

Mark said...

Those comments make me sick. Shameful.

I am not a fan of BoA. Like most banks they have horrible customer service. They simply do noy care about their average customer.

Those bill are staggering. You would have thought they could have fit her in yesterday.

Tammy said...

With those kind of hospital bills mounting it is no wonder that so many people needing care either don't get it or get it and then simply give up on trying to pay them. I think hospitals/doctors have to agree to take any kind of payment, even if is 5 bucks a month. I too have had run-ins with BoA, can't stand them. they don't care about you unless you are big spender in their bank.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand such situation that people haven't insurance. In my country it's impossible. So, what is going on with these people who are v. ill and v. poor? In Poland they can register themselves in a special office and they have free medical advice. Of course people usually work and his employer pay an insurance for them. Insurance is compulsory for all of us. Sorry, I do not understand these prices. What does it mean e. g. $3k? Well, I know current rate of dollar (1$=3 zlotys), and it would be good for me if I could count these prices in my native currency.

My friend, it’s so sad that had to postpone a surgery, and I hope you did only for a short time.
My gentle kisses for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Without true moral leadership, it is no wonder this country is in dire straits.

Even with insurance, the part we would have owed would have been overwhelming.

Thanks, Mark.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,
Some doctors will accept small payments as long as it is a reasonable amount, but some will not. We just got through paying off a $3000 doctor bill that Carolyn made in 1997. They were taking $20 per month.

This is the first problem we've had with BoA; they usually treat biz customers a bit better than regular accounts.

Anonymous said...

Medically, the US is way behind other modern countries in care for our citizens; we sell medicines to other countries for much less than our citizens have to pay.

The "k" stands for 1000, thus the $3k=$3000 or 9000 zlotys.

Thanks, Jola.

Anonymous said...

9000 zlotys is a month salary of a person who lives in Warsaw and is earning really good money (my salary is much less).
Well, these two courtiers have so much different economy that we can't and we shouldn't compare these prices in the USA and in Poland.
Cost of my surgery was 50 000 zlotys, and it's really a lot in our Polish conditions, but as a person who has the insurance I hadn't to pay any bills. Anyway, it improved my health only partly.:-(
Thanks Ken for you explanation.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola,
I hoped that your health would be much improved by the surgery, In 1981, Carolyn had a cyst removed from her bladder (it was leaking urine from her navel), but it cured the problem for only a year and she is still having to deal with it. I do hope your better days are so good it will offset some of the bad days.

I have read all the poetry, now I am going back and absorbing its beauty. Thanks so much my dear friend. :-)

Blog Archive