Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sauce



Carolyn is a little better this morning, but took a dizzy spell and had to lie down. I keep telling her she is becoming dehydrated and she keeps ignoring me. All I can do is try.
----
On September 1st, 1939, Germany invaded Poland and a fire-storm of world war began that would eventually kill more than 50 million people, mostly non-combatants. Every person on earth whom has been alive since that day has been affected in some way by the tragedy. The hell of it is, we have not learned that this massive violence is futile, but we have found out how to do it better and be even more inhumane.
----
I hope my kids don't read Craigslist; some dude has placed his parents up for sale or trade. The asking price is $155. Our kids would not hesitate to put us up for sale, but would probably ask substantially more than $155 and would take a lot less.
----
Some senators are promising that government-run health care will not be an option. Again; what is the use of doing anything to reform unless real reform takes place?
----
Is Obama on the space shuttle; he sure isn't being heard of from Washington. But wait! I bet he is doing undercover work with lawmakers to get a comprehensive health care refrom law passed. Atta boy, Barack! This will be my second "atta boy" for you Mr. President; receive ten and you will get a "Well Done" commendation on faux parchment paper with a simulated gold seal attached. But remember, one "aww shit, Barack!" will cause forfeiture of five "atta boys!", so watch what you say and do.
----

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today Putin was as a guest in our country (Soviet Union attacked Poland on 17 sep. 1939). He was trying to be nice for us. Three agreements were signed, also about additional supply of gas, so important for us.

They all met today in Gdańsk, other European prime ministers too. It was a great meeting.

1 st of September is still a painful anniversary for us, Poles. Our war losses were huge. This war September was so warm. This year we have beautiful late summer too.
War never again! Never!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how horrible it was to live in Europe, Asia, and N. Africa during that period.
War never again.

Anonymous said...

Ken, I forgot to add that American politicians participated in this peaceful meeting in Gdańsk too. :-)

Anonymous said...

They were probably there to get their pictures made. :-)

Actually, I think a lot more meetings like that would do the world a bunch of good. We all need to walk a kilometer in each other's shoes.

Thanks, Jola. :-)

Mark said...

Well gov't run health care better be an option or Obama has failed.

Love that picture. Some great works on that wall.

Anonymous said...

Americans should expect "fail" from the government, but we should not put up with it. I am afraid you and I have again become a minority. Other people talk "change", but fear has won again.

I think the other side of this building has some more art like this.

Mark said...

I do expect failure, that is so sad. I see not change in course for the U.S. I see more divisions and ultimately it will be the side of God and fear against the rest of us.

Sounds like the middle east.

Anonymous said...

The president is going to have to bully both parties to get anything done, and I don't think he is combative enough for the job.

Blog Archive