Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Healthcare reform




I have learned from a source whom is usually reliable that Obama has already sold out on the public option for health insurance. In fact, he did so last January while touting the need for a government entity to compete with the private sector. The president met with leaders from the pharmaceutical and insurance industries and promised them he would not pursue the public option if they agreed to not oppose overall healthcare reform by sending droves of lobbyists to Washington to influence congress and if Big Pharma would cut drug costs by $80 billion over the next 10 years. The corporations seem to be keeping their end of the agreement, and have spent $20 million on ads supporting the reform. Now Obama must pay the devil his due.

If the above proves to be true, the president has misled a lot of people with outright lies. What else is new in Washington?!
----
Poor old Roman Polanski; his friends and supporters think he should be allowed to walk free even though he has admitted to and been convicted of drugging, raping, and sodomizing a 13 year old child back in the 1970's. A great director of films he is, but he is also a criminal whom fled the American justice system and took refuge in France. He should spend the remainder of his life in prison like an ordinary convict would probably have to do.
----
Let's see; today I have touched on the crimes of politics and those of Hollywood. I was thinking of doing a piece on ordinary religion (oxymoron?), but I will allow it to slide for a later date. Is that applause I hear?
----
On this date in 1939: Germany and the Soviet Union agreed to divide control of occupied Poland. The Germans took the west side of the Bug River and the Soviets took the everything to the east.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sex with child (13 years old) is something really v. bad. Such inclination? He seems to be still not enough mature man; however now I think about his childhood, so difficult. As a Jewish child he survived ghetto in Cracow. It was a sort of miracle.
Yes, they divided our country into two parts and that meant for Poles: round-up, mass executions, sharp hanger, camps, transportations (case of my grandfather) and of course the ghettos for Poles whose religion was Judaism. I have read a lot of memories about this period of our history. They are beautiful books; beautiful and v. sad.

Ps. I’m again sick. It’s not good. Pa, my friend, and I still have a smile for you. :-)

Mark said...

Well the senate voted down on the public option. Spineless leaders like this are what weaken us as a country.

I want to know why Roman Polanski was arrested now. It is not like he was in hiding. He has been to many countries where he could have been arrested. It is very odd. There seems to be more to this than we know. I suspect some careers in LA could be made from this.

In many cases where a person has escaped and gone on to live a decent life for many years and then finally get caught they often do little too no time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jola.
I hope you are soon feeling much, much better. :-)

I think Polanski is more a product of Hollywood than of Gracow; at least his actions in this case. Some celebrities choose to forget there is a line between what is portrayed on the screen and what real life is like.

Until I read yesterday about the division of Poland between Germany and Russia, I did not know of it; or maybe I did know and had forgotten. The atrocities of the war boggle the mind with their stupid inhumanity. It is so sad, even 70 years later.

Anonymous said...

You know, in some ways IU do not blame Polanski for running; after all, the judge all but promised him a very light sentence and he only had to spend it in what is a virtual rehab, then the judge waffles and threatens to send him off to lockup for many years. I would probably have taken off, too.

I too have wondered why he was never arrested; he has been in many place where he could have been seized. I wonder if his victim was paid to say she hopes he goes free? Yep; many wonderments in this case.

Mark said...

Hell if I was him I would have run also.

I have read what smoking gunhas posted and they are shocking.

They should have arrested him many many years ago. That is the problem at this point. What he did is not justifiable at all.

Blog Archive