Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Tuesday doings




Carolyn was up and with assistance went to the bathroom this morning. They are wanting her to have a bowel movement, but like her, I feel there is nothing in there to come out. She ate nearly nothing last week, and has had nothing since going to E.R. Friday. What little she did eat she could not keep down. They did remove the tube from her stomach; it was placed there through her nose to suck out any air and back-flow from her intestine, and was beginning to irritate her. Physical therapy people are supposed to work with her today because of the original problem, a sore leg which is refusing to cooperate. She is to also have an x-ray; I suppose to see if there is anything in her bowels. She is becoming frustrated and you know whom is catching the brunt of it. Ah, well.
----
My eyes are borderline today; I did not sleep well last night. Later I must try to repair a snafu at the bank; I went there yesterday to deposit some checks through the atm and it took my card, accepted the first check, and when I inserted the second one, the infernal machine crashed. I would like to say it was using Windows OS, but I think Bank of America uses Linux OS on its servers. I am now without a debit card, there is not enough money in the bank to cover payroll, and I am about out of groceries. Carolyn usually buys her groceries at Kroger, but I will probably go to Food City as they have more close-in parking, and I won't have to use a handicap spot. I have four more checks to deposit, and a little cash which should cover everything for a few days. I also need to get my shot; I missed going Friday and they were closed yesterday. I probably will not visit Carolyn until after the girls have gone to work this evening.
----
Chris bought me a cup of Starbucks coffee on Saturday, and for decaf, it was pretty darn good. It was the first of that brand that I've ever had; being a cheapskate I have always refused to pay their price for a cup of coffee, but I will have to say it beats hell out ot the garbage that McDonalds purveys. I still will not pay Starbuck's price, but if you ever want to buy me a cup, I will happily accept. Black and sweet.

No comments:

Blog Archive